- Unfortunately, i can't afford to run two cars anymore, so i have for your consideration, and delight a ...
- Red Toyota MR2 MK2 Japanese Import,
- Manufactured 1990, Registered UK 1998.
- Mileage 157853Km.
- TOYO 225/45 Front. 205/45 Rear.
- 2 New sills.
- MOT till June 2019.
- Naturally Aspirated.
- T bar.
- Automatic Transmission.
- Cruise Control.
- Paint faded in some places, as in pictures. It's a 28 yr old car, so that's expected).
- Temperature gauge erratic ( it takes a little while to show real temperature).
- Electric ariel sticks occasionally.
- The petrol flap cable needs adjusting.
- There are some service history, but by no means extensive.
- I've never had any major problem with this car, and thoroughly enjoyed driving her near, and far.
- I genuine believe the mileage to be in Kilometres, as i have no reason to think otherwise.
- The price fairly reflects the condition. The potential, is at least double the asking price.
- Insure it,
- Drive it away,
- Thank me later.
- I bought this car in October 2013. It looked good,and test drove it and found no major problem. It did come with a Big Blue Folder, which i glanced at at the time , but never REALLY looked at again, until yesterday, when someone pointed out the discrepancy between the Registration plate on the car,(it's on a G plate), and the V5 document which said it was first registered in 1998,( which should have given it an R plate).
- My first reaction was a previous owner had changed the plate for some personal, or worse nefarious reason.
- So i decided to make a call to DVLA, to point out the problem. The DVLA told me that at first registration no date of manufacture was given, so they gave the car what they considered to be an appropriate registration, but also said that they would revise the V5, if i could prove that they made a wrong judgement, by sending sending the V5, with covering letter explaining my case to DVLA Swansea, the whole process would take around six weeks.
- This is when i dusted off the Big Blue Folder off to see what i could find.
- I have posted two more pictures that have proof of the car's registration in Japan, a consiment note of it's export all dated 1998. It's even got the car's japanese registration number, for good measure.
|Year of registration||1998|
Ad ID : 105