JDMCombe Saturday 10th June 2017

This section is to talk about setting up MR2OC events.

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

notroubleclubber
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: JDMCombe Saturday 10th June 2017

Post by notroubleclubber »

Sorry to hear bout your off mark. Did try to find you after my sessions, your car was still there but you must have been on walk about.
My dad enjoyed the day though his diabetes kicked in after my last session so we left early.
It was one reason i never booked in the novice section because i find you get the idiots who havent got a clue.
I booked into the advanced sessions. I wont claim im advanced on track but there was no option for the normal intermediate sessions they usually do at combe.

Hope it gets sorted ok for you. If you need a hand or parts i may have some in the garage.
I got a feeling i know which exhaust manifold stud has come loose for me.Should be an easy fix for me once i get the chargecooler off to gain access.

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by Craig-rev3 »

I wondered what happened to you Mark, we saw you do 3 laps then disappear. Hope you get it sorted :th:

Good show all round although it was quite quiet compared to previous years of Japfest, hopefully the attendance will improve to keep it going.
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Woody928
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Woody928 »

shinny wrote: 11/06/17 1:38 Sorry to hear about your off, Mark. Must have been a major brown pants moment! PM'ed you to offer what parts I can :th:
A change of underwear was needed, I had visions of a wall coming my way very quickly :no: I felt like a right tw*t at the time, the only thing I was grateful of was I had the foresight to realise my situation and enter the grass pretty straight to avoid losing the back end trying to desperately make the cover giving me decent breathing space. Replied with thanks :th:
notroubleclubber wrote: 11/06/17 6:08 Sorry to hear bout your off mark. Did try to find you after my sessions, your car was still there but you must have been on walk about.
My dad enjoyed the day though his diabetes kicked in after my last session so we left early.
It was one reason i never booked in the novice section because i find you get the idiots who havent got a clue.
I booked into the advanced sessions. I wont claim im advanced on track but there was no option for the normal intermediate sessions they usually do at combe.

Hope it gets sorted ok for you. If you need a hand or parts i may have some in the garage.
I got a feeling i know which exhaust manifold stud has come loose for me.Should be an easy fix for me once i get the chargecooler off to gain access.
Sorry Mark, I was about for a bit while checking over the car etc and then just went to enjoy the show. By the time we got back you had departed unfortunately, maybe next time.

Yes prudent advice, I can understand why Combe has such a reputation. I think I'd like to do it again however I'd probably like to do it not on a show day and having looked a the corners and racing lines a bit more.

Thanks for the offer I'll bear it in mind, however Mark has already generously offered me some bits to help out :D Likewise I hope your exhaust manifold is an easy fix.
Craig-rev3 wrote: 11/06/17 15:51 I wondered what happened to you Mark, we saw you do 3 laps then disappear. Hope you get it sorted :th:
Cheers dude, unfortunately it was just down to some poor judgement and bad driving from me. Was quite surprised at the extent of damage from a relatively flat bit of grass but I'm just thankful it wasn't worse.
Rev3 JDM GTS Turbo 268.6bhp 262ftlb 0.9bar (Current Toy)
Rev4 UK GT T-BAR (Still in the family)

CurtisRW

Post by CurtisRW »

A few club stand photos: :th:

I usually take more photos at these events but was too busy taking in all the cars this time a totally forgot :facepalm: Oh well.

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

Woody928 wrote: 11/06/17 22:21
shinny wrote: 11/06/17 1:38 Mark
notroubleclubber wrote: 11/06/17 6:08mark
Sorry Mark, however Mark
G'day Mark, say G'day to Mark, Mark!

Woody928
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Woody928 »

shinny wrote: 13/06/17 19:36
Woody928 wrote: 11/06/17 22:21
shinny wrote: 11/06/17 1:38 Mark
notroubleclubber wrote: 11/06/17 6:08mark
Sorry Mark, however Mark
G'day Mark, say G'day to Mark, Mark!

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/di ... 0913023141
Rev3 JDM GTS Turbo 268.6bhp 262ftlb 0.9bar (Current Toy)
Rev4 UK GT T-BAR (Still in the family)

chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2

Post by chaos19810 »

I’m building to this as the deadline for the mk1.5 if it’s not done by this event I’m binning it.

notroubleclubber
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by notroubleclubber »

Well the loose manifold stud manifested itself to a complete engine out job for me and the engine is currently in pieces along with the cars bodykit which is going to be professionally repainted.
Hopefully the car will be fully rebuilt , running and motd by the time jdmcombe comes along in 2018.
Its only funds and time that is slowing me down in the rebuild....

Worse comes worse, we now have my dads na as a backup if need be so will be there in some form or another.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “National Events”