Good times and bad times at the Pod

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Well decided to get up there early on Sat morning met up with Dave oddshoes and Andy mr2extreme06,setting up the tents was a mission and half what with the gail force winds lol.At least we got up there before it decided to rain non stop and saw a bit of track action,felt srory for the guy in that Honda S2000 who crashed into the wall :oops:.Come the evening this is where the fun begins what with drunken dodgems and me falling ass over tit glad no one got it on film otherwise i would have been completely owned. :oops:Next we went onto the lap dancing bar where banter and getting "censored" was in full flow,lucky old Lezz got a surprise but won't post it here :rofl:,quote of the evening was from Andy who had a private viewing with a lap dancer and then kept coming out withe the phrase "God i'm so frustrated " we all "censored" our selves with laughter at this stage i think Lou may have taken some pics lol,god knows how he got back to his tent.After a good laugh we all decided to head back to camp what with the rain still belting down climbed in to my bed soken wet .Morning came and guess what still bloody raining, at this point most of us decided to go home as the weather was like it for the rest of the day,felt sorry for a lot of people who turned up on the Sunday staying for around an hour and going back home oh well roll on next year and cacn't get any worse or can it .
Last edited by topgun on 05/10/08 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

rover76

Post by rover76 »

and me and my mate havin to get the damp out of our mr2's!

if only i knew my big tent had a broken pole init-i wouldn't have took it down!

Topic author
topgun

Re: Good times and bad times at the Pod

Post by topgun »

rover76 wrote:and me and my mate havin to get the damp out of our mr2's!

if only i knew my big tent had a broken pole init-i wouldn't have took it down!
yeah forgot Andys tent was well and truly flattened he ended up sleeping in his mates VW lol

rover76

Post by rover76 »

missed the pic opp then! :rofl:

PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

We left our tent where it was, couldn't be "censored" to try and pack a soggy wet tent away....when it dries out someone will have a decent tent :)

Bob

mr2extreme06

Post by mr2extreme06 »

what a BRILLIANT weekend even know it did rain and im still fustrated lol and i left that tent behind

Topic author
topgun

Post by topgun »

PoohBear wrote:We left our tent where it was, couldn't be "censored" to try and pack a soggy wet tent away....when it dries out someone will have a decent tent :)

Bob
lol i reckon quite a few people left there tents behind.

PaulNowak
Deceased Member R.I.P
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by PaulNowak »

I'm going to buy one of those waterproof Jimi suits, and start banging out recycled tents on the cheap before the following show season in future!

Definite earner methinks!

oddshoes
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by oddshoes »

Sat was cool and I am so pleased that I slept in the car, diffently it was the way forward that was for sure as i was nice and dry and warm woo hoo. After grabbing some breakfast this morning and getting soaked right through again I had enough and decided to go, especailly as my drivers window decieded that it had enough and broke the dosent shut properly so that is a job for tomorrow :no: . It was nice to go for a nice warm coffee with a few peeps in Milton Keynes before continuing the rest of my wet jorney home.
It was nice to catch up with those who I managed too and hopefully it wont be long till the next meet where we will have another chance to talk.

P.S

Long live the Jagermiester :yh:
Current - modified 265bhp PFL MR-S in Gulf Livery

Previous - Rev1 turbo, Rev3 turbo, Rev5, Rev3 V6, PFL Roadster

Topic author
topgun

Post by topgun »

oddshoes wrote: P.S

Never got to have any mate :no:

Jinja

Post by Jinja »

topgun wrote:
oddshoes wrote: P.S

Never got to have any mate :no:
I did and wished I didn't, at least I don't have a cold any more....lol

lisac6317

Post by lisac6317 »

Getting back to the tents at about 5.30pm on the sat after a walk around in the rain, & then proceeding to have a shouted conversation with everyone else from inside the tents was good - no one can say we didn't make the best of a bad situation.

Drunken OC dodgems was a good laugh

Trying to actually get out of the OC camping field on the sun morning was a mission - can we have concrete next year? :th:

Oh & Mick - me & Matt saw it all, you're lucky we went quick enough with the cameras :oops: Seriously though, i hope you're o.k & not too stiff :th:

danleary

Post by danleary »

well wasnt there but a s2000 smashed into a wall ....ooops, was it bad. to be honest the only bad thing ive seen at santa pod was a funny cars shell come . it flew right in the air and landed just by the fence on the pit side. it was quite a sight this thing gracefully flew in the air and once it picked its landing site and was coming down a good 20 people flew out the way fast . they were very very close to getting smacked on the head by it

pure

Post by pure »

well the pod wasted 6.5 hours of my life !!!

drove up sun morning .. paid 15 quid .. saw everyone leaving had a bacon buttie drove home.

what a waste

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japshow Finale Archive”