Thoughts on Sunstrips on a Roadster

Use this forum to chat about general MR2 topics. See also the Mk1 Mk2 and Mk3 sections above for more specific technical information
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Slim Chaney

Thoughts on Sunstrips on a Roadster

Post by Slim Chaney »

I removed my sunvisors due the one constantly coming undone.

Ive just ordered an 8" gloss black sunstrip but not 100% yet about putting it on. Is it a touch too "sporty" for a drivvers car? A little boy racer-ish, going down the chav road?

My car is black on black so colour isnt a worry, it should "look" fine, its more perception Im thinking about.

Ive also orderded new screws and threadlock for the original visors, just incase :D

Topic author
Slim Chaney

Re: Thoughts on Sunstrips on a Roadster

Post by Slim Chaney »

Done, I like it :D
20200920_130015.jpg
20200920_105013.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Your car, your choice :th: personally it does nothing for me, I'd rather have the visors :)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Slim Chaney

Post by Slim Chaney »

Cheers for that, appreciate the input :D

I actually put the visors back in today as my new fittings had arrived. Not functional anymore as the sunstrip reaches lowerer but realised they help hold the windscreen surround in place, so may help with some rattles. Also hoped theyd help with airflow over the car as Im over 6ft and get a bit windswept. I realise now they dont actually extend far enough to help but oh well, I tried.

:D

Topic author
Slim Chaney

Post by Slim Chaney »

Aaaaaaand I removed it :D

I found myself getting a stiff neck as I was "stooping" to see traffic lights. I was also driving down a hill by my parents house leading to a roundabout and I couldnt see the roundabout until the car levelled out righ on the junction.

Ive since ordered another, I know, and im going to fit it really high up so it only covers a few centimetres at the top of the screen, the last one came down far enough the cover the square where the mirror attached.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Discussion”