Mr2 Cavalcade

Post Reply

Topic author
g391wfg
Posts: 59
Joined: 14/06/05 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
Contact:

Mr2 Cavalcade

Post by g391wfg » 01/06/09 14:52

Hi

I've put together a video of Sunday. I need the accurate description of what the record attempt actually was please.

Numbers and what the record attempts name for the record books is.

Cheers

Video on the vids section later.




topgun
Posts: 4760
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10
Real Name: Mick
Location: Topgun flight school

Mr2 Cavalcade

Post by topgun » 01/06/09 15:01

Record is for the largest parade of Toyota cars,we had 226 cars on track and the current record is held by the Netherlands OC which stands at 162


Topic author
g391wfg
Posts: 59
Joined: 14/06/05 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
Contact:

Mr2 Cavalcade

Post by g391wfg » 01/06/09 15:04

Thanks Topgun.

I'll use what you told me in the youtube vid description.

Thanks again for the organising.

User avatar

19Luke90
Posts: 172
Joined: 25/09/08 23:52
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 2
Location: Cambridge

Mr2 Cavalcade

Post by 19Luke90 » 01/06/09 17:03

so whats the biggest convoy overall and how big? :D

User avatar

Adam86
Posts: 13
Joined: 06/09/06 1:00
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
Location: Birmingham

Re: Mr2 Cavalcade

Post by Adam86 » 01/06/09 17:16

topgun wrote:Record is for the largest parade of Toyota cars,we had 226 cars on track and the current record is held by the Netherlands OC which stands at 162
Out of interest does that mean other models could have being in the convoy and still break the record?


topgun
Posts: 4760
Joined: 14/05/04 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10
Real Name: Mick
Location: Topgun flight school

Re: Mr2 Cavalcade

Post by topgun » 01/06/09 17:19

Adam86 wrote:
topgun wrote:Record is for the largest parade of Toyota cars,we had 226 cars on track and the current record is held by the Netherlands OC which stands at 162
Out of interest does that mean other models could have being in the convoy and still break the record?
No mate this record was to break the Netherlands record of 162 MR2s in a rolling convoy.

User avatar

markandlyn
Posts: 253
Joined: 23/01/05 0:00
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 2
Real Name: Snoopy
Location: Hullbridge, Essex
Contact:

Re: Mr2 Cavalcade

Post by markandlyn » 03/06/09 13:16

19Luke90 wrote:so whats the biggest convoy overall and how big? :D
I think these might take some beating:

The 2008 World's Largest Truck Convoy was a huge success. Almost 1,700 trucks participated, raising more than US$643,000 for Special Olympics Programs. :shock:

The record for the largest parade of Ferrari cars is 490 and was achieved by Cornes & Company Limited at the Fuji Speedway Circuit, Shizuoka, Japan on 11 May 2008.

The record for the largest parade of Fiat cars is 500 and was organised by Fiat 500 Club Italia between Villanova d’Albenga and Garlenda in Italy on July 9, 2006.

That was just a quick look
Image

Post Reply

Return to “WRA post event chat”