I am well looking forward to JAE 2009 so I have prepared a Definitive list of things to take in priority order (for the over 50’s that is):
1. Car (MR2 preferably)
2. Cigarettes & lighter
3. Entrance ticket/Stand pass
4. Me (at my age I sometimes forget)
5. Sat- nav – essential to find my way home
6. Mug for tea – actually this rates alongside number 1 in the list
7. Roll of cumfy bum (there’s never any left when you need it most)
8. Tea, coffee, sugar, milk & water
9. Camping Chair – you can sleep in this in case you forget where you pitched the tent
10. Cool box with Food (lots of it)
11. Spare roll of cumfy bum (keep this one in the tent) – just in case of emergencies in the middle of the night
12. Extra cigarettes – just in case
13. Mobile phone in case of emergencies (heart attack, burst colostomy bag etc)
14. Drugs – (Resolve – Paracetomol – Rennie - etc)
15. Essential Camping things – Tent – sleeping bag – mattress – pillow
16. Other essential drinks – Beer – prune juice
17. Spare packs of cigarettes & two spare lighters
18. A Matt (Rev4turbomonster) – to deter unwanted camp wardens
19. A Kieren (Howlin_Mad) – to eat all the spare food I cook
20. Non-essential camping things – air bed inflator – torch & lantern - mallet
21. Cooking things, stove, pans, disposable BBQ’s, spare gas – plate & cutlery
22. Fold away table
23. Emergency pack of cigarettes and matches – just in case!
24. Secret stash of beer – just in case I mislay any
25. Money – good for shopping
26. Clean clothes
27. Did I mention spare ciggies?
28. Towel and shower kit
29. Camera and Video – not sure why I take these ‘cos I never use them?
30. List of all the above – to check off on Sunday
31. Car cleaning things – if I can be "censored"