SLY'S RUBBER SEALS - doors and roof - MR2 MK II '93

Topic author
BucksGirl

SLY'S RUBBER SEALS - doors and roof - MR2 MK II '93

Post by BucksGirl »

Hello All,

I am delighted to announce, that not only did I find the very best MR2 Mechanics at Drift Limits Performance, Vale Farm Hemel Hempstead Herts HP1 2RP, who were recomm'd to me by TCB (Paul) in Callington, Cornwall, but they fitted SLY's (my car) complete set of rubber seals, for a fraction of what Mr Toyota quoted (£85.00 plus VAT). An Aylesbury company quoted me a stonking £105ph plus VAT, which takes a good 3 + hours - so you do the maths!

The 3 mechanics at Drift, could not be more professional, knowledgeable and fast. The Office Manager, Lili is outstanding in every way, and really knows her stuff. Victor, the chap who fitted the seals, was excellent and afterwards, he explained what he had done, and just generally gave good advice on care of the seals. This could have caused a "mortgage on my property", but I spoke to TCB, and then Drift provided amazing service. I am a very happy girl!

If you live a long way from Drift - still use them and get B & B, you will not be disappointed! Some garages I spoke to said things like "No, we've never done this work, but have you got a manual?" and "Bring it in, and I am sure we can suss it out"! This job is for the "Victor's" of mechanics, and cannot be botched! :)

Cheers, Nell
P.S. Does anyone know where I can get a "Tobelerone" middle indicator cover (yellow) - but RIGHT-hand side. I bought one on ebay, but as Victor mentioned - I did not realise that a) one only gets these on an import and b) I had been sold the LEFT-hand side one(!) :(

Return to “MK2 Useful Information”