Bilstein b6 & TRd springs

Topic author
nemesis450

Bilstein b6 & TRd springs

Post by nemesis450 »

I am confused, If Bilstein B6 front shocks have internal bump stops, why fit external ones as well. Surely this defeats the object. I am about to fit Bilstein's front and rear using TRD springs and am not sure if I need to fit bump stops to the front at all. HELP :crybaby:

Topic author
nemesis450

Re: Bilstein b6 & TRd springs

Post by nemesis450 »

Mmm, well I can see that you are all chomping at the bit to give me the benefit of your experience, a big thank you to you all.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Perhaps no one has any information relevent to your question to give you ? better no answer than a load of guesswork and misinformation ;)
Perhaps this KY2 article has relevent information https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your2/mk2/ ... rings.html
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
nemesis450

Post by nemesis450 »

Turns out that there are variants of the Bilstein B6 Sport, some do have internal bump stops, the way to tell is if the base of the shock has a bolt which when undone allows for the insert to be removed, giving access to the bump stop. So no bolt, no bump stops.

Topic author
nemesis450

Post by nemesis450 »

Thank you Jimi, yes I had already read that post, and that was where the confusion started, having seen a number of video's about B6 internal bump stops. Anyway all sorted now and I'm a happy chappie :D

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

nemesis450 wrote: 16/12/20 14:56 Turns out that there are variants of the Bilstein B6 Sport, some do have internal bump stops, the way to tell is if the base of the shock has a bolt which when undone allows for the insert to be removed, giving access to the bump stop. So no bolt, no bump stops.
I'll move this thread to MK2 Useful Information, so that info is easily available to anyone in the future.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Return to “MK2 Useful Information”