Gaz's Turbo Conversion

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Gaz!

Gaz's Turbo Conversion

Post by Gaz! »

Liking this new section.

So, having had my 2 for 2 years and done quite alot to the suspention etc. I couldnt part with it but craved more power, a trip in a turbo had me hooked. There it was I knew a converstion had to be done.

In 2006 it went in to Peter Gidden of Sbits for the converstion, at that time a full rev3 tubby rear clip was hard to come by Peter had one and was doing the conversion so that was it.

Obviously with the engine out its the best time to bolt on some mods so, an extreme boost down pipe, Japspeed exhaust, apexi induction kit, HKS SSQV, Apexi AVCR, XS power IC, ATS racing engine fan, Autometer guages and painted rocker cover had to go on.

Before, an n/a, no slouch tho

After the conversion

Now as it is today with lots more elbow grease, mods and chrome.

Any excuse to pic whore

vanilla.coffee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 39
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: Gaz's Turbo Conversion

Post by vanilla.coffee »

Gee was it 2006 Gaz...? I remember the day you picked it up and joined us on a meet. You had a grin the size of Cheshire ! :D
They'll take the internet off us if people keep doing this.

Topic author
amagalof

Post by amagalof »

i have recently brought an MR2 and would like to know where i can buy all the engine parts from and other accessories

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

amagalof wrote:i have recently brought an MR2 and would like to know where i can buy all the engine parts from and other accessories
for a turbo conversion?

Topic author
amagalof

Post by amagalof »

yes for a conversion please

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

amagalof wrote:yes for a conversion please
pm sent

Topic author
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

vanilla.coffee wrote:Gee was it 2006 Gaz...? I remember the day you picked it up and joined us on a meet. You had a grin the size of Cheshire ! :D
I remember that too, I also remember the flames coming out the exhaust coming off the Petersfield roundabout :D

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”