my mk1 needs a change

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
tbar-mk1-kev

my mk1 needs a change

Post by tbar-mk1-kev »

Time for a change my mk1's big-ends away i think new 2 mr2 looking for ideas for the best and cheepest way 2 make it go again and bigger than standard 1.6. Anybody i have any ideas of the best and cheapest way? Also anyone got any engines, gearboxes, ecu's etc lying around? Also, I'm looking for someone to do the rear end and spray job ... Does anybody know somone around Edinburgh with good cheep skills lol
Last edited by d-peg on 16/07/10 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: De-txt'd

Chris69
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: my mk1 needs a change

Post by Chris69 »

..... your big end went on your mk1 and your looking for an engine upgrade?

Cheapest and simplest option is to get another 1.6 and drop it in.

Can do lots to the mk1 as far as engine upgrades go but all cost lots of ££££'s unless you can do the work yourself.
There is no "it cant be done" only "I cant do it!"

(OO==\°/==OO)

Topic author
tbar-mk1-kev

Post by tbar-mk1-kev »

Chris69 wrote:your big end went on your mk1 and your looking for an engine upgrade?

Cheapest and simplest option is to get another 1.6 and drop it in.

Can do lots to the mk1 as far as engine upgrades go but all cost lots of ££££'s unless you can do the work yourself.
i ca do the work apart from the rear end, yeah i want a bigger engine

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

You get 1 warning ;)
Don't Use TXT Speak on the forum
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
robd

Post by robd »

Not sure if you still need any info but there are a few options of engines for the Mk1, depends what you're after really, NA, Turbo ect.

4AGE 20v
4AGZE
3SGE
3SGTE
V6
V8

A 20v 4AGE or 4AGZE(supercharged) would be the easiest option for simple engine dropping in although you do need to do other stuff like ecu etc. Value for money wise they are not the best though when you can pick up 3SGE's, 3SGTE's or V6's with all the gubbinz cheaper than a 20v engine!

If you like the 4AGE you could always get a spare engine on the cheap & then do something like ITB's to make it more fun but won't give you the same sort of power as the other conversions mentioned!

Hope that helped in some way!
Rob :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”