The Mk1.5 Saga continues......

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum

angpozzuto
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Anyone used Mr2ben fibreglass wing?

Post by angpozzuto » 26/10/18 23:25

When I got my mk1 repainted I searched everywhere to get a pair of clean steel wings, I even got them for a reasonable price

Supercharged v6 mk1 build thread
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/125/166558.html

Topic author
chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2

Re: Anyone used Mr2ben fibreglass wing?

Post by chaos19810 » 27/10/18 14:20

I’ve been looking for a set of steel ones for a while I have a couple of Toyota dealerships and they could get me a passengers side for 200 +vat but no drivers side. Then all the ones I came across where either rotten or in worse condition than mine so I’ve gone and ordered a set and I shall report back once they are fitted.

Topic author
chaos19810

Re: update on the Mk1.5

Post by chaos19810 » 02/01/19 15:02

Wow a year on and the car is still not complete, a few thins popped up and got in the way of the car being finished such as getting married, moving home, promotion and a little baby daughter coming along and turning my world upside down.

So where am I up too, the car is now back together and moving, the new seat rail was made so I can sit in the car with a helmet on, ive just started on the exhaust and I have two options an single exit or a mongoose twin exit. I’ll decide which one is easier for me to make the b pipe for as i’ll Just be tacking it together and then asking someone whose a little better at welding to insure they are air tight.

Once that is done the car will be shipped off for its MOT to see what happens, for those interested i’ll Post up the MOT results when it happens .

ayresyboy
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 8

Post by ayresyboy » 08/02/19 12:56

Any closer to an MOT yet? Andy
Mk1 Supercharger Blue
Mk2 TRD2000GT #0001 Red
Mk2 1MZ V6 Auto Black
Mk3 2GR V6 Blue

Topic author
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 » 17/02/19 15:57

It’s getting closer, today the car ran up to temperature today, it’s over fueling something cronic it is okish with a steady load being applied with minimal boost but as soon as you increase the load it is throwing out black smoke.

I’m hoping for a MOT come June time, I want to redo the wiring and tidy it up, plus I’m going to tidy up the paintwork and spray it.

Topic author
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 » 15/04/19 10:12

Well the journey continues the car is still on track to be MOT’d in June possibly July I can’t seem to solve the overfueling issue at the moment so that will have to wait I am wondering if there is an issue with the wiring or if changing the fuel pump has thrown the fuel pressure out and that is causing the issue.

So I have now built the exhaust and as much as I wanted to make some looping creation, time and talent has let me down so I went for a tubby mongoose exhaust and made a b pipe which does the job but once I get in on the track I might want to change that so it sounds meaner.

This car is going to be a road legal track car so I have decided to make the car as light as possible to start this process the last remaining interior has been removed and a new light weight bucket seat is being bolted to the floor, I need the car as low as possible otherwise I can not sit in the car with my helmet.

The next step in making the car as light as possible is to replace the front end for a fiberglass one, this is partly done out off a need to find a replacement wings at a decent price and a want to make the car as light as I can.

With the idea that I will be using the car on the track and the knowledge that I am not a great driver I decided that I wanted a roll cage to stiffen the car up and to give me some protection for when I run out of talent.

Return to “Engine Conversions”