MK3 1.8 vvti upgrades

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Re: MK3 1.8 vvti upgrades

Post by vinp182 »

wozzy wrote:does the 2zzge drop straight in or do you have to modify anything? and do you use the 1zz ancillaries?
If you check in the mk3 section on the forum dude there's loads of info on the 2zz install including a 'how to' that I wrote up :th:
Gazza_DJ wrote:
vinp182 wrote:I doubt you'll get 200hp out of a 2zz without Forced induction. Depending on manifold and how good the engine is they usually have around 165-185hp ish and they'll already have exhaust and filter
200bhp at the flywheel would be achievable in NA form. Not cheap though. 200whp however...
Same old story tho that the cost out weighs the gains

Cars suck donkey balls

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by SonicSW20 »

Absolutely. Aftermarket support just isn't there like it is for NA Honda tuning for example.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Absolutely. Aftermarket support just isn't there like it is for NA Honda tuning for example.
Unfortunately :sad: although the 1zz and 2zz are nowhere near as capable as the Honda lumps anyway

All this being said both 2zz's that I've built have been an absolute hoot to drive in pretty much standard form :th:
Cars suck donkey balls

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Also true.

I'm surprised the Lotus boys aren't doing more with the 2ZZ NA though... Perhaps they all go the supercharger route as the Exige S exists.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
wozzy

Post by wozzy »

vinp182 wrote:
wozzy wrote:does the 2zzge drop straight in or do you have to modify anything? and do you use the 1zz ancillaries?
If you check in the mk3 section on the forum dude there's loads of info on the 2zz install including a 'how to' that I wrote up :th:
Gazza_DJ wrote:
vinp182 wrote:I doubt you'll get 200hp out of a 2zz without Forced induction. Depending on manifold and how good the engine is they usually have around 165-185hp ish and they'll already have exhaust and filter
200bhp at the flywheel would be achievable in NA form. Not cheap though. 200whp however...
Same old story tho that the cost out weighs the gains
Thanks

MRHAPPY62

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Also true.

I'm surprised the Lotus boys aren't doing more with the 2ZZ NA though... Perhaps they all go the supercharger route as the Exige S exists.
:th:
My Corrola T-sport Compressor (2zz charged) would be awesome in a Roadster.
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”