Rev1 na to rev2 na engine swap

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
kanapolis16

Rev1 na to rev2 na engine swap

Post by kanapolis16 »

New on here sorry if it has already been covered, I have replaced the engine on my rev1 to a rev 2 na, the ea1 plugs joining body to engine are both male now and won't match up, also I have compared both ecu pin outs for the last body plug 22 pin and only one of the pins is different, but there is a couple extra pins on the Rev 2 ecu, the fuse box plugs will be different aswell as the cars not firing, what's the solution here, do I change to a rev2 body loom and fuse box or do I rewire the fusebox? Anyone done this swap, cheers in advance, attached a picture of the 22pin plug, top is rev1 bottom is rev2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
chefey

Re: Rev1 na to rev2 na engine swap

Post by chefey »

Click on this link, and go through the posts, and you may find some help.

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/search.ht ... mit=Search

pbmr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Rev1 na to rev2 na engine swap

Post by pbmr2 »

Search function is pants, best bet is to use google and search like this.

site:mr2oc.co.uk "search phrase"

However most people that do engine swaps do also swap the loom that runs from the passenger foot well to the rear fuse box. It's the easy way to do the swaps. sometimes needs a little repinning at the footwell end.

You can of course repin at the engine plug and/or the fuse box. but by the sound of it your male/male plugs add extra hassle so prob best just to swap the loom over.

The other option is to use the rev1 loom in full and unplug everything from the engine. bit of a headache with the engine in the bay but still doable.

Did do this swap about 10 years ago but can't really remember any fine detail about it. Don't remember it being too much hassle. Was going from a UK car to another UK car. Used the original rev1 loom.

Good luck.
"Time is the true wealth, spend it well."

Rev4 T-bar gen4 swap
Rev4 Moonroof 3sge daily

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”