Mk2 Rev1 engine swap

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
That_91_mr2

Mk2 Rev1 engine swap

Post by That_91_mr2 »

Hi guys so basically I have a mk2 rev1 that has neat enough lost all compression, looking around for original N/A 3sge engines but all I can find is rev3/4 engines some with ecu's and wiring looms and others without, would these engines drop straight in and be a plug and play or would there be further modification needed with wiring etc,
Sorry if this has been asked before, it's just I'm on a tight budget and need to find out asap so I can respond to the offers I have received,
Many thanks,
Adam.

madbasshunter
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 10

Re: Mk2 Rev1 engine swap

Post by madbasshunter »

Hi Adam
I have a rev1 which I have fitted a rev3 engine complete with rev3 engine loom and ECU into. There are a few wiring mods you need to do because of differences in the looms, obviously I can help you with that as I have done it a few times and helped a few others do it by pm.
It's not a hard job to do, and well worth doing. Don't listen to the people who tell you to change the body loom, my way all the mods are done in the boot at the ECU and in the engine bay fusebox.
The rev4 (and 5) engine will also fit but you will want the rev3 engine loom and ECU ;) because off immobiliser problems on the later ECUs.

Topic author
That_91_mr2

Re: Mk2 Rev1 engine swap

Post by That_91_mr2 »

Hiya mate thank you so much, I literally just had a rev3 engine, Ecu and loom offered to me so if I can arrange to have it picked up or delivered I'll get back to you, you're a saint, cheers

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”