3SFE to 3SGE

Considering a turbo or V6 conversion then use this forum
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Mossless

3SFE to 3SGE

Post by Mossless »

A 91 Rev 1 with a 3SFE which is scrapped, picked up a whole rear clip with a 95 Rev 3 3GSE. Doing the wiring in the boot and at EA3/EB1.

I have been trying to help a friend with his 3S-FE to 3S-GE and put this together for him. It seems we have fuel but no spark, I am assuming the ignition main relay to distributor is the issue.

He doesn't quite have the right wiring diagrams, so trying to piece this together with what we have around us.

Has anyone dealt with this swap and figured out the issue? It doesn't seem to have an immobiliser as the wiring should be in the starter and the car cranks over, you get fuel pressure but no spark.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: 3SFE to 3SGE

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

I would think you need the rev3 ecu at least
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Topic author
Mossless

Post by Mossless »

I have the ECU, and everything that came with the engine in the Rev 3.

Adding the EB1 and EA3 wiring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MRHAPPY62

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

ok so now you need someone that has done rev1 to rev3 swap !
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Take the covers off the ECU, the pin names are printed on the PCB. It should just be a case of matching up the 22p body connector.

Do you have any error codes? This could help you narrow it down.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
Mossless

Post by Mossless »

Checked the ignition wiring again as the 3SFE has a different ignition circuit. Had one of the wires loose and as soon as that was done it started right up.

Thanks for the help guys, Paul Woods advised to double check and once again the master was right.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Engine Conversions”