JAE 2011 Tug of War, need some smaller guys

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: JAE 2011 Tug of War, need some smaller guys

Post by MR2Jay »

Fantastic team effort brought home BOTH trophies :yahoo:

Big thanks to Gaz for the team organisation and impromptu training....I know most of it went out of my head in the heat of the moment but enough stuck to bring in the silver :th:

Sent by the little green men who have stolen my phone

1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Tallboy
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 17
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by Tallboy »

Fantastic effort guys :th: :th:

Makes me proud to be part off this club so much effort from everyone involved :th: :th:
MK2 REV3 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 95 TURBO Reborn!!!..... now in Dawesys hands getting 2GR love
MK2 REV4 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 96 TURBO
MK2 REV3 NA AUTO Reborn!!...... Now in Mikes hands getting boosted!

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Lost my voice with all the shouting i did over the weekend to egg our boys on to victory,Adam reckoned my voice sounded sexy :laughing

Big_Martin

JAE 2011 Tug of War, need some smaller guys

Post by Big_Martin »

It was a great honour to be part of the TOW team and I'm so glad we didn't let Gaz down :D Excellent training and motivation that man!

The support from the OC was fantastic: brought a tear to my eye :blush: My voice is a bit on the husky side today after shouting on the lightweight team too. The effort that went into their victory was outstanding :th:

Thanks again Gaz for the organisation and motivation :th:

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Protok »

Congrats and well done to all our boys :th:

Seriously after this weekend I am proud to be part of such an amazing club, it was an honour meeting all of you :th:

Btw Big_Martin, you have a medal coming towards you for your effort in the ToW ;)
Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

I have to say a special thanks to Steve-m-uk who stepped in on the final pull after I strained my knee on the penultimate pull even after he had just finished competing in the open weight division.

I felt really bad that I picked up that injury but knew there was no way I could pull on the very last one. I couldn't even carry my own weight on it :crybaby:

You sir, are a gentleman :th:

Also have to say thanks to "oc nurse" Sarah (Mrs smitty) for supporting me all the way back to the stand and administering operation "get me drugs". It is really appreciated :th:

Last edited by MR2Jay on 11/09/11 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

oddshoes
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by oddshoes »

Well done to you all and Jay and Justin I hope you both are better soon great to see you all again lets see us do it again next year.

I am in the process of uploading the videos but the first one is up on youtube and a link to it is in the pics and events section

Dave :D

Edit videos now loaded

light weight guys

on there first pull in the final - http://youtu.be/V7GZwI8JIrM

2nd pull in the final - http://youtu.be/7Dj4y0SvwZE

the final pull - http://youtu.be/doCGR9myJuw

open weight guys

pull 1 - http://youtu.be/EIFPg4csrbE

pull 2 - http://youtu.be/DuSlcnlQDN4
Current - modified 265bhp PFL MR-S in Gulf Livery

Previous - Rev1 turbo, Rev3 turbo, Rev5, Rev3 V6, PFL Roadster

Steve-M-UK
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Steve-M-UK »

What an excellent weekend,it was an honour to be a part of the TOW teams :th: Jay,it was a pleasure to help,you thoroughly deserved that medal you got,yours and Justin's injuries go to show the sheer effort put in by all involved,add that to the technique and encouragement given to us by Gaz and the support from the club members,we were unbeatable :clapping:
2zz-gze build ,Eaton m62 supercharger install in progress
I survived the highland drive....bring on 2013

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

I got back last night but couldnt get on the net.

Double victory, wow. What can I say, a massive team and club effort.

I just show you guys how its done and give you the tools to do the job, its you guys who get the job done.

Firstly Jay, how is your knee? When you said it was cramp, thought no probs a good excuse for a grope ;) If ii's still tender get your self to the docs mate. :th:

Smitty, your a hero. Despite the pain of your injury you cracked on, and.... took part in other events. :th:

Jez as always a mound of muscle and expirience. :th:

Rick, Cykotine, Feegle, Steve, Martin, your first year on the rope, hope you guys enjoyed it. A pleasure to pull with you guys. :th:

Niel (mr2cars), Dave oddshoes, Dave Tallboy, old sweats. Guys thankyou you know how much it hurts and still voleneerd. Men of men. :th:

Outstanding gents, its you guys and the support of the OC that make this club the greatest club to be a part of. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.

I wasnt going to say it but it did bring a tear to my eye.

MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

Knee is on the mend mate. Still limping a bit and still a touch tender but thankfully not as bad as first suspected. Got it all strapped up today and it is helping....

Ironically I bumped into their number 8 while I was hobbling round the show Saturday afternoon and stopped to have a chat. I am sure they thought it was a rouse to get a fresh man in. He actually apologised as he didn't realise it was a genuine injury. Fair play to the Guy for admitting it though.

Lets make sure we keep them next year eh? :yahoo:

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

For sure mate, next year ill have more time so will host a some training sessions at mine. Will have full facilities aswell.

It was gutting to see you out, but they wouldnt have it that I had to replace an injured guy...... :confused1:

When they said replace with a woman, :blink: no offence to the women on here but there was no way I was replacing a big guy with a female half your wieght. :rolleyes:

They had 1 more than us already then put a rather larger female on aswell. Cant say fairer than that.

Watch this space, your all going to be famous when the new site goes live. ;)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2011”