Japfest Aftermath

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Gltd_simon

Re: Japfest Aftermath

Post by Gltd_simon »

Cheers Vinny for arranging it all. Overall a really good day not made it to any of the big shows before.

Yes the queue was annoying but a good chance to have a chat etc etc plus i now know my cooling system works wonders. :clapping:

I did leave a bit early and would have liked to stayed a chatted more nore i didnt want to get stuck twice in one day.
Last edited by Gltd_simon on 13/05/12 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

Foxystuff

Japfest Aftermath

Post by Foxystuff »

Thanks Vinny for organising and to PeteV6R5 for getting Foxy on the stand, following 'ticketgate' :facepalm: We had a great time in spite of the hideous queueing! I would have liked to get to know more people, but with half a day, not enough time!
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336901686.716300.jpg

barry1

Post by barry1 »

had a great day even tho i could not make it in my mr2 as developd same fuel leak that toyotas fixed for £350.00 and now its back leaking from injector washers again so its back in toyotas to fix :crybaby:
i had a walk around club stand great cars well done guys an girls stand looked great...im hoping to meet you guys at next show with car fingers crossed
i had no problem with traffic as we arrived from canterbury at 5 am in a 1.2 corsa :laughing
had a power nap and was in by 8.30
some guys with show cars was under standably annoyed as steward would not open gate to let a huge que of cars in as burger van was in the way think that did not help
all in all great day
now just waiting for toyotas to return my call

mr2extreme06

Post by mr2extreme06 »

thanks for organising the day vin :th: , it was really good to catch up with everyone and meet new faces two. I now have the enthusiasm to do more stuff to my mr2 again :th:

toyojoe

Post by toyojoe »

Any pics yet

oddshoes
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by oddshoes »

Cheers for organising this Vinny :th: , it was Laura's first big meet and she and myself (my first japfest) really enjoyed it even if there was a 3 1/2 hour queue to get in meaning we spent nearly the best part of 7 hours in her getting into the meet but at least i got some movement running up and down the queue speaking to people as it was good to catch up with everyone again.

Bring on the show season again I hope to make most of them this year and many more

Dave :D
Current - modified 265bhp PFL MR-S in Gulf Livery

Previous - Rev1 turbo, Rev3 turbo, Rev5, Rev3 V6, PFL Roadster

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None

Post by TonyleFrog »

I don't know why you're all congratulating Vinny. :blink:

I've now been to 5 Japfests and it was easily the worst I've ever experienced. :annoyed:

j/k :laughing Well done for stepping up to the plate this year Vinny. :th:
I think a combination of the 10th anniversary and the first decent weekend weather for 6 weeks caught the organisers on the hop. The attendance was definitely well up this year.

My ticket arrived in plenty of time, plus impromptu mini-meets breaking out all along the main road. :)

Regrettably I did not get a chance to talk to many of the new faces as I must have spent most of the day walking a half marathon. We had over 40 cars (which is more than quite a number of clubs) and they give us a pitch at the a**e end of nowhere! Far worse than last year. Just as well there was no rain otherwise we would still be stuck at the bottom of that field....

Howlin_Mad wrote:Come on, wheres the pics.. :D
You're not photogenic enough. :cheeky:

I forgot to charge the battery on Friday night :rolleyes:
So I had to ration my lens time this year - http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/80/152998.html
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

TonyleFrog wrote:
Regrettably I did not get a chance to talk to many of the new faces as I must have spent most of the day walking a half marathon. We had over 40 cars (which is more than quite a number of clubs) and they give us a pitch at the a**e end of nowhere! Far worse than last year. Just as well there was no rain otherwise we would still be stuck at the bottom of that field....
Yeah crap location, its about time the organisers did this show for the clubs, put the car clubs in the prime spots and get the chav clubs out the way.

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13

Post by d-peg »

Quote of the weekend for me came from the most unexpected of locations..... The Taxi driver on Saturday night on our way out for dinner in Swindon....

"If you're going for a drink after dinner you want to head up the the "Old Town" ..... unless you like drinking among 12 year olds with chlamydia that is"

We :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: a lot :D
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None

Post by TonyleFrog »

You mean to tell me Swindon has a restaurant.....:shocked:
I thought the only thing of note it had was the Magic Roundabout!
And maybe the National Trust's HQ. A town without soul.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13

Post by d-peg »

Cannot fault the restaurant......
http://www.fratellos.co.uk
Amazing atmosphere, food, wine... (the company was pretty special too :D )

Taxi driver said much the same thing ... no soul..

.. and we did the magic roundabout!

BBC Wiltshire HQ is there too... we walked past it .... twice! :laughing
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

MRS 2

Post by MRS 2 »

Didnt get in until 14.00hrs after having to park in meadow which is not fun in a highly polished, lowered car! :ranting1: I dashed to catch the last drift show, had a quick walk through the trade stuff & then went to find the club stand (have been a member for a while but havent met anyone yet) and I couldnt find it, I suspect that most of you had gone by the time I got there!

It would have been great if we could have got more time there as 3 of us went in 2 MR2s so it cost well over £120 in entry fees & fuel. I was told that they stopped people entering the show after 14.30hrs & it didnt matter if people had advace tickets, there was a lot of unhappy people

PeteJ
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by PeteJ »

http://www.japfest.co.uk/2012/05/14/gallery-2012/#

No apologies, but a great pic of some happy looking Hi Vis wearers :laughing
Porsche 987 Boxster S 3.4 flat 6. Dyno 298 bhp 260 lbft.
CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

PeteJ wrote:http://www.japfest.co.uk/2012/05/14/gallery-2012/#

No apologies, but a great pic of some happy looking Hi Vis wearers :laughing
Sothe photograper doesnt get out of the paddock then. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japfest Archive”