japfest 2013

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: japfest 2013

Post by MR2Jay »

Was my first year too Shinny. In fact, that's my first rev1 parked next to you :th:

**edit** just realised that TLF linked to my original photo thread from the day :blush:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

sk8gom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by sk8gom »

Has anyone received their ticket yet?
Mine haven't come despite Karl saying they were posted on Monday... I'm getting worried?

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

If the gates are the same as last year, I'd put my mortgage on them being the same, then we will be up the western end of the circuit. It's the big flat grass area prior to the start. We will have to walk over Avon bridge to get to the paddock.

This will mean we should approach from the west, going into gate A, not going through tiddly wink where we queued for ages. It's good for us, as the que for gates B & C is combined and longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

Gaz! wrote:If the gates are the same as last year, I'd put my mortgage on them being the same, then we will be up the western end of the circuit. It's the big flat grass area prior to the start. We will have to walk over Avon bridge to get to the paddock.

This will mean we should approach from the west, going into gate A, not going through tiddly wink where we queued for ages. It's good for us, as the que for gates B & C is combined and longer.
So what does that mean for a group convoy Gaz?

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

chris wrote:
Gaz! wrote:If the gates are the same as last year, I'd put my mortgage on them being the same, then we will be up the western end of the circuit. It's the big flat grass area prior to the start. We will have to walk over Avon bridge to get to the paddock.

So what does that mean for a group convoy Gaz?
Without knowing the layout comb are using this year, I can't say? We need to see the layout map, gates and club area to make any decisions.

For now I recon we all meet at morrisans, as every year. If we have to take the other route into comb so be it. We did it in 06.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

If you are in A, go via the Crown Inn on the A420 or via Castle Coombe Village itself :th:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Howlin_Mad wrote:If you are in A, go via the Crown Inn on the A420 or via Castle Coombe Village itself :th:

HM
Cool fine, easy route in, with far less queuing.

Topic author
rover76

Post by rover76 »

shinny wrote:2008 was my first year too... here's the proof:

I remember people complaining it wasn't a very social pitch, being so darn long and thin. Something tells me we'd be happy with it this year!

I'm rather hoping we don't end up in what is labelled area A, but rather area B. But who knows...
I weren't complaining, the further up the hill we were , the closer to the burger van we were. :laughing

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

sk8gom wrote:Has anyone received their ticket yet?
Mine haven't come despite Karl saying they were posted on Monday... I'm getting worried?
+1 nearly a week has passed since tickets were being posted but nothing yet.
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

Craig-rev3 wrote:
No sign of my entry ticket yet... but I've now got both my track time and passenger tickets. Both useless without the entry ticket tho :rolleyes:

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None

Post by TonyleFrog »

shinny wrote:
Craig-rev3 wrote:
No sign of my entry ticket yet... but I've now got both my track time and passenger tickets. Both useless without the entry ticket tho :rolleyes:
This is why - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=180 Image
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by shinny »

Uh oh! You know, that's what happened with the BC instruction manual I sent you a couple of years back (the large stamps were new then)... not sure how many of us will see tickets then!

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Oh god, I hope everyone manages to pick their tickets up ok.

Chris ill compensate you.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None

Post by TonyleFrog »

shinny wrote:Uh oh! You know, that's what happened with the BC instruction manual I sent you a couple of years back (the large stamps were new then)... not sure how many of us will see tickets then!
I never got any missive from RM: I can only assume the envelope was swallowed by their giant shredder! If you still have the manual and can copy it again for me so I can collect it off you at Japfest it would be much appreciated.
Gaz! wrote:Oh god, I hope everyone manages to pick their tickets up ok.

Hopefully we will all get a card through the door from RM after the Bank Holiday with the good news about the surcharge. Anyone who doesn't will need to chase it up themselves as delivery will be held pending payment. I would recommend that those who can, pay a visit to their local RM sorting office to collect it. Paying the surcharge at a Post Office will mean that the wheels quite possibly won't start moving for another couple of days and time is running out.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japfest Archive”