Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Moderators: Ripley, toymr2

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
toymr2
Posts: 342
Joined: 18/11/11 17:43

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by toymr2 » 12/05/12 6:45

CleMR2 wrote:Wow, that looks like some crash, lucky you're not too badly hurt. There barely looks like there's anything salvageable on the car.

Please tell me your rear tyres weren't Nankang. :facepalm:
No Avons




alanwheeldon
Posts: 179
Joined: 22/03/07 19:04
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Wolverhampton

Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by alanwheeldon » 21/06/12 11:32

Hi guys, we have our names down for this again. It's been a few years since me and Ria came along :-)

I'm thinking of fitting a spare Border kit to my car but as I recall it's like a battle ground up there with lots of stone chips occurring! I may be best leaving the kit till after the event instead lol

User avatar

CleMR2
Posts: 140
Joined: 19/02/09 12:57
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Birmingham

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by CleMR2 » 21/06/12 13:03

Why not just take the race car Al?

User avatar

Ripley
Posts: 1585
Joined: 04/09/05 1:00
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3
Real Name: Ann
Location: Perthshire

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by Ripley » 21/06/12 13:13

alanwheeldon wrote:Hi guys, we have our names down for this again. It's been a few years since me and Ria came along :-)

I'm thinking of fitting a spare Border kit to my car but as I recall it's like a battle ground up there with lots of stone chips occurring! I may be best leaving the kit till after the event instead lol
Alan, it wasnt so bad this year as the winter had been milder and they hadnt used grit instead of sand!!
Image


Save the bunnies!

User avatar

Topic author
toymr2
Posts: 342
Joined: 18/11/11 17:43

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by toymr2 » 03/07/12 22:09

Now this would be fun to drive on the next highland drive :)


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MR2-TURBO-900 ... 825wt_1177

User avatar

splatadoo
Posts: 221
Joined: 15/06/10 2:06
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 1
Real Name: Andy Paterson
Contact:

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by splatadoo » 03/07/12 22:41

toymr2 wrote:Now this would be fun to drive on the next highland drive :)


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MR2-TURBO-900 ... 825wt_1177
2.2 - 60! Effin hell! :clapping:
MK2 NA REV3 Carribean Blue,- RIP x
Awaiting funds for future MR2 venture.

"you're still dangerous, but you can be my wingman anytime"

User avatar

Topic author
toymr2
Posts: 342
Joined: 18/11/11 17:43

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by toymr2 » 17/08/12 21:44

As in this year Saturday night is fancy dress,next year's theme is Viking :laughing.Some ideas for you all here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat ... c=96&rt=nc

User avatar

splatadoo
Posts: 221
Joined: 15/06/10 2:06
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 1
Real Name: Andy Paterson
Contact:

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by splatadoo » 30/08/12 23:52

toymr2 wrote:As in this year Saturday night is fancy dress,next year's theme is Viking :laughing.Some ideas for you all here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat ... c=96&rt=nc
Awesome :) I have some nice ideas already :laughing
MK2 NA REV3 Carribean Blue,- RIP x
Awaiting funds for future MR2 venture.

"you're still dangerous, but you can be my wingman anytime"


MartinR
Posts: 208
Joined: 18/11/11 17:10
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 3
MR2's Owned: 2
Real Name: Martin
Location: Bolton NW
Contact:

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by MartinR » 31/08/12 1:22

splatadoo wrote:
toymr2 wrote:Now this would be fun to drive on the next highland drive :)


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MR2-TURBO-900 ... 825wt_1177
2.2 - 60! Effin hell! :clapping:
I LOVE the exhaust position on this car.... It's cheaper than a GT86 too ;-) haha
2 Highland Drives, 1 Full JAE, 1 Part JAE, 1 France Trip, 1 North Wales Run, 2 Dyno days, 3 Karting Events (Current Champion), 1 Scotland Meet, countless Yorkshire Meets and even more Northwest Meets later... Im MR2-less, for now!

User avatar

Topic author
toymr2
Posts: 342
Joined: 18/11/11 17:43

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by toymr2 » 10/10/12 11:15

Hi Guys.
Please remember you have only to the end of November to pay your deposits and secure your place on the drive :-)

User avatar

TonyleFrog
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 5488
Joined: 29/07/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5
Real Name: Three guesses!
Location: Kent
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by TonyleFrog » 26/10/12 17:25

If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

User avatar

Topic author
toymr2
Posts: 342
Joined: 18/11/11 17:43

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by toymr2 » 06/11/12 11:03

Just a reminder guys,deadline for paying deposits is the 30th November 2012 :-)

User avatar

Glen N
Posts: 213
Joined: 26/12/11 13:44
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 3
Real Name: Glen
Location: glasgow

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by Glen N » 18/11/12 15:34

Hi folks,i actually forgot I had put my name down for next year! Missed last year due to valve stem issues and spent a fortune on the engine then broke the car,which was daft! We recently got a red rev 3 turbo which we put u for sale cheap,I've now decided I'm keeping it! So ill be able to come along,fingers crossed.
Image

User avatar

Ripley
Posts: 1585
Joined: 04/09/05 1:00
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3
Real Name: Ann
Location: Perthshire

Re: Highland Drive 2013 chat thread

Post by Ripley » 18/11/12 18:21

bopbop wrote:Hi folks,i actually forgot I had put my name down for next year! Missed last year due to valve stem issues and spent a fortune on the engine then broke the car,which was daft! We recently got a red rev 3 turbo which we put u for sale cheap,I've now decided I'm keeping it! So ill be able to come along,fingers crossed.
Great stuff. Remember deposits to be paid by end of November. £50 per person and let me know your room preference :th:
Image


Save the bunnies!

Post Reply

Return to “Highland Drive 2013”