My pics and vids of the TOW

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

My pics and vids of the TOW

Post by peteV6R5 »

the obligatory pics of ones own car
Random pic of Shinnys engine
supporters
Team talk by Gaz
these are pics and vids from each of the rounds and each of the heavy and 640kg classes - the last ones are the finals
Vid
Vid
Vid
Vid
Vid
Vid
Vid

All too much for Lez - afternoon kip -- bless

Forgot to take my spare battery so no more photos of the stand or cars - really P'd off but hopefully loads of pics from others.

Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Smitty1977

Re: My pics and vids of the TOW

Post by Smitty1977 »

Nice one mate, but I'm sure those vids have been sped up - as those pulls felt longer at the time :laughing

Jez~
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Jez~ »

Nice one Pete! Very happy someone got some videos as I didn't think anyone had taken any. I was really impressed with the team this year. It wasn't the heaviest team we've ever had, but it certainly felt the most fluid. I didn't study everyone, but I was much happier with my own technique. Much lower overall body position and my feet were in time with Gaz's pretty much all the time. In fact saying that the whole team moved like a millipede. Pretty perfect against some good teams. Well done all! Fantastic work! :th:

Looking forward to our training between now and the next one. Those pulls were very short. I didn't really feel like we were struggling at any time. There again we're a frickin solid team now with some experienced members. :yahoo:

Jez
Lower than a Rattlesnakes belly!

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

I agree Jez.

Being into my slalom waterskiing has given me an unusual make-up. Strangely i felt like i was using all the same muscles for ToW. That said - the ToW is the only 'sport' i have found that gives me as much of a buzz as skiing. I am really looking forward to this next year, though i ache today, the inner smile those triumphs have given me is worth it.

It was waiting and feeling sick to the stomach, wanting to throw up. walking up to the rope papping yourself, feeling the adrenalin coursing through your blood, heart pumping out of your chest. Hearing the "PUULLLLLL" and putting every effort into not giving your ground away, cranking those legs straight, feeling the muscular burn and the EPIC elation of winning.

I too am on for a beasting by the ToW ledge that is Gaz! Bring it on! :D

Parade boots for me next year and need to work on digging my feet into the ground on edge.
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Love that pic of Lezz in his tent,must have been all that tea he made what knackered him out bless lol

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Jez, Dan totaly agree, we were on it. Felt so good on the rope, there was no struggling. Even that end we gave that team because we felt sorry for them was hard work.....to loose, 3 of us could have beaten them :laughing

Justin, nowhere near as long as the final last year.

Great stuff, heres to next year, and the build up training and BBQ's at mine. :th:

They can change the Light weight, but wont change the fact we will smash it. :cool1:

Tallboy
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 17
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by Tallboy »

Gaz your gona need a bigger sig soon lol, cant wait for next year! Bring on the dragon boats to!
MK2 REV3 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 95 TURBO Reborn!!!..... now in Dawesys hands getting 2GR love
MK2 REV4 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 96 TURBO
MK2 REV3 NA AUTO Reborn!!...... Now in Mikes hands getting boosted!

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347729678.804634.jpg
Gaz likes this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

HM Likes this too :clapping:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2012”