JAE12 - feedback - your thoughts please

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

JAE12 - feedback - your thoughts please

Post by chris »

There were mentions by various people in the run up to this years event about no thread from last year with feedback about the MR2OC's involvement at JAE.

Now, after the excellent weekend we've just had, we want to hear what you've got to say with regards to anything that you would like to see return next year, anything that needs improving, and anything that needs to be removed from the plans. Basically some feedback as to your experience and anything that you feel needs improving for next year.

All sensible replies will be listened to, thought about and considered... so please if anyone has anything to say then we are all ears.

A disclaimer for this thread - please don't jump on the backs of anyone who has anything bad to say about the MR2OC involvement in JAE12, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and how can we improve if we don't have any fresh ideas in the pot. But please, let's keep this to feedback (good or bad) about the stand and everything to do with our own organisation.

I look forward to reading your comments

Thanks,

Chris
:th:

IDEAS LIST

- Ticket sales MUST have an earlier cut off date.

- Book VERY early and improve plot position

- Cooking area away from camping so sleeping beauties are not awoken by tea making, early chatting and the smell of bacon cooking wafting through.

- Make better use of the Marquee. Improve the evening lighting inside

- Banners at the front of the stand on frames so that you're not looking for the sail flags only.
ties in with
- JAE specific Banners

- xbox/Ps3 and projector for evening & daytime fun.

- Gas hob for tea making to save running the gennie purely for the tea urn (though if a projector and console is on it'll be required anyway). That said it will make for quieter tea making first thing in the morning.

- Daytime stand activity to improve our Best Club Stand chances

- Keep up the friendly 'all welcome' atmosphere (an ethos that could be added into the welcome pack) ... Improves 'Best Stand' chances

- More tables

- Club cooked brekkie...

- Car Layout..... Improvements to be made further still
Last edited by d-peg on 12/09/12 9:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ideas added

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: JAE12 - feedback - your thoughts please

Post by d-peg »

The one i'd like to put in here and ... naming no names ( Lezz :p ) was the morning brew and breakfast.

Now please don't get me wrong i thought it was bloody excellent that everybody got together and had the brew first thing but there were those in the immediate area who needed sleep. :laughing So a 6:30 - 7am alarm from several people's dolcit tones was a bit of a bugger! :laughing

Only a minor one of course! :th:

I am hoping several other ideas in discussion can be implemented too :)

Those at the awards ceremony will have picked up on the statement that the Best Club Stand is not awarded on layout (though it will be a part of it for sure). It's down to how well people (joe public, JAE spies and other JAE goers) are received on the stand and what activities you have going on.

So maybe some suggestions for an activity going on, on our stand, that those not into the IKO could partake in? Also maybe a charity fundraiser too..?
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Jez~
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Jez~ »

Hi Chris,

The things that need improvement for next year....>

1. Pitch. We need to book earlier and get a pitch nearer to the iko events. Walking backwards and forwards to each event was putting many members off coming down and supporting and meant more running around for those of us involved.

2. Tickets. We need to make sure tickets go out earlier this year, so that there is time to spare if there are any delays in the postal system. Very sad to have no Mick this year.

3. Layout of cars. I know this subject is an ugly one, but the cars (although nicely lined up) did not really show the stand off very well and looked like a bit of a car park. I talked to a few members over the weekend and many agreed that the cars look better in their colour groups placed around the outside of the pitch.

4. The T-Shirts were great again. Comfortable to wear and nicely done. Well done Jay!

5. Marquee and generator are essential for bad weather and night arrangements. I did think we could use a few more lights inside the marquee though as it was pretty dark on the pitch. Jeff mentioned the fact that we have 35 odd MR2OC banners, yet none of them were used at the front of the stand (less the one overhead). I think this was an opportunity missed.

6. Its a knockout. There was better involvement this year, but I still think we could use a few more getting involved. It would be great to have a women's tug of war team!

I think that's about my feedback for now. It might sound like a few negative, but I honestly felt that this year went superbly well. There seemed to be less trouble makers in the club this year too (sounds an odd thing to say, but think it's true). I don't recall seeing anyone behaving badly or acting like an idiot. Everyone was interacting and having fun which was really nice to see. I'm not sure what changed. :th:

Jez
Last edited by Jez~ on 10/09/12 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
Lower than a Rattlesnakes belly!

RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

Some kinda activity on the stand it's self? I noticed a number of stands with a projector and an XBox or film playing. Shouldn't cost us anything, between us all we could get XBox/PS3 with Forza or GT5 plus a seat, steering wheel and peddles. :drive1:

Probably won't top the stand that was giving pole dancing lessons though.

Some kinda party theme?

Bring back fancy dress?

And book in time to get our old plot back :hide:

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

Jez ... spot on mate.. :th:

I don't think you have said anything there that hasn't been discussed between us already.

Though the car colour grouping... interesting! I don't buy into it as you walk past one silver MR2 ... then another .. then another and so on. But i agree, it is an area to work on for next year. :th: ANd yes - it is an ugly subject! :laughing

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

RickMcRick wrote:And book in time to get our old plot back :hide:

100% Rick... my f**k up, will not happen next year :th:

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jeff »

maybe get some dedicated JAE banners printed mr2oc @jae or something

some catchy shortened name for JAE , similar to what npoc have , makes it easier every time he has to read out an award :D

something like mr2oc :facepalm:

if we cant get a closer pitch , then get fuggles to lay-on a shuttle bus
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

That's a good idea...

I will check with fuggles if he's ok with us pinching his logo... I am sure it wont be a problem as he stole our smiley!

:jae:

Smitty1977

Post by Smitty1977 »

Just a few things:

1) I personnaly think we could get away with a slightly smaller marquee ok we need the in door space for the bad weather, but we could of held the IKO in the marquee we had this year :rolleyes:

2) We have got some where some blue rope lights we used at the island in 2008 to go around the roof line of the marquee :th:

3) Deffinatly find where all the banners are, bad show Reps if you couldn't make the show you should of sent them with someone that went, it is a given even if your not asked for them you should know that they should be there,

4) More lighting needed inside the marquee it was quite dark in there even with the flood lights on outside,

5) We had a word with Fuggles about bringing back JAE FM so we could do with a dedicated radio for next year so we know what is going on,

6) A gas hob set up away from the tents so if anyone wants a cuppa in the morning they A- dont need the genny going and B- there not making to much noise around the tents,

BTW it was great this year to have more than one person or team entering each event :th: lets keep it up and in a few years it will be called the MR2OC Trophie instead of IKO Champions Trophie :clapping:

that is about it at the moment but i'm sure we will think of something else :th:

Big_Martin

Post by Big_Martin »

I thought the way the cars were arranged on the stand was spot on. I liked the fact that they were all on show, with the focus cars in an arc, and that they were mixed up (adds interest I think). :clapping: :clapping:

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

Probably going to state what has been said already
1) Closer pitch to the activities
2) Cooking and breakfast area away from the campsite - to allow peeps to sleep
Possibly around where the BBQ is placed.
3) Some activities on the stand
But saying that this actually led to people sitting and talking which is one thing this club is good at. (its a club that is people led on the back of the cars they own rather than a technical club which does not get involved with the people side of things on the forum or at JAE).
I though this year was great - especially for the newbies that came along. there were no cliques to make them choose. it was all one big happy family, and just about every newbie was spoken to by all of the established JAE members..
4) a few more lights - some of the marques looked very colourful against ours.
5) a few more banners that promote the club
6) Steve (Blaster1) suggested that someone could do a curry or similar, we all brought some agreed ingredients and someone would cook them.

A few big positives
1) keep the family and friendly feel - welcome all people onto the pitch
2) continue to support the guys and gals taking part in the IKO etc - this year was brillently supported and at the awards ceremony just about everyone was there.
3) Lezz keep up the great work on breakfast (didn't take you up on it personally but know how much it is appreciated).

Will keep adding to the list if I think of something else.

The one big thing is we are talking about on this thread about adding to an ace week end to make it even more brill next year.
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jeff »

A gas hob set up away from the tents so if anyone wants a cuppa in the morning they A- dont need the genny going and B- there not making to much noise around the tents,
this could also be used in place of the tea urn , saves having to start the genny for the tea urn
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

One thing that would be nice is some kind of perimeter marking like some cheap banners or something. A lot of club displays had them so for those that are walking down the "road" can instantly see that is our stand instead of having to look for the sails.

A few more large tables and lighting inside would be handy to help congregate like we had the first year at Wickstead. We made the most of the marquee that year where as this year we were all sat by the sail lights.

Good call on some gas alternative for making tea, having a genny for an urn is a bit overkill!

Plot - well won't go there...

Chris and I looked at getting GT5 setup but it was too short notice to pull it off this year. Ive got the PS3, GT5 and steering wheel, I'm sure we can find a projector.

If we can make the marquee a bit more "homely" I'm sure it would be put to better use. I'll have a think on that one....

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

I really like the game setup. The film may have implications regarding public performance and licensing (though who's gonna tell)

EDIT;
- Evening 'winner stays on' championship linked with jaeger shot drinking for each win
- Open Daytime challenges to all

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2012”