JAE12 - feedback - your thoughts please

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Re: JAE12 - feedback - your thoughts please

Post by MR2Jay »

Can't really add to the above, was a cracking JAE this year. You guys did a fantastic job :th:

Like the idea of a game setup - maybe we could turn this into a time trial tournament with a small prize from the club shop?

1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Howlin_Mad
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

MR2Jay wrote:Like the idea of a game setup - maybe we could turn this into a time trial tournament with a small prize from the club shop?
Sounds good. Not the kind of kit you want left out so pre-determined times, but could also use on the Thursday/Friday night for visuals if we have some music on.

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

I can lay my hands on a projector (Toshiba I think) that has PC/AV inputs ;) I'll donate it to the club for JAE use :cool1:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

jimi wrote:I can lay my hands on a projector (Toshiba I think) that has PC/AV inputs ;) I'll donate it to the club for JAE use :cool1:

:th: :th: :notworthy: :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :th: :th:

But only if you attend next year buddy! :)
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Mostly been said already;

1 tickets out sooner

2 Plot closer to events, not close to the dusty road tho ;)

3 Make more use of the marquee, projector, TV, games such as guitar hero, the sort of games lots of people can join in on. A disco in the evening with some cheesy tunes, disco ball and lights. Lots of lights. Drinking games, with drunk people.

4 Cooking facilities for morning fry ups.

5 Club food, hog roast, curry, chilli challenge. So we can all sit down and scoff grub together.

6 Fence or rope around the edges of the club, had this at JAE 06 and looked great. Also segregates us from other clubs.

7 A club banner at the front of the plot at the entrance, an aluminum tubular frame with the club logo suspended in the middle.

The IKO has become a main ingredient for the club at JAE and now are expected to defend our titles. The people entering the events rely on the supporters cheering them on, they are just as important as the people competing. It certainly spurs you on.

If we have a Saturday activity happening on the stand will this detract from the events going on? Would members be torn as to what they would like to attend? I know I would lke to attend and get involved in all. I think we would have to ensure events don't over lap others.

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Gaz! wrote:Make more use of the marquee, projector, TV, games such as guitar hero, the sort of games lots of people can join in on. A disco in the evening with some cheesy tunes, disco ball and lights. Lots of lights.
:laughing

This though ^^ but as Gaz said, not to coincide with the IKO events / presentations / Fireworks

Can we get hold of some laser lights or something that projects into the sky fairly cheaply for when the genny is running?

HM

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

That is very true Gaz - i do not want to see the IKO attendance or cheerleading detracted from. Though there will always be some who maybe want to occupy themselves another way other than being baked in the sun all day long. :th:

I've got broad enough shoulders to take the blame fully for the plot and TOTALLY agree it MUST be better next year.

PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT...
Next year gates open Thursday night so another FULL DAY for those that can...

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

d-peg wrote:Next year gates open Thursday night so another FULL DAY for those that can...
I'd be interested to hear when exactly, as Thursday NIGHT isn't going to be very practical for people to put up tents! If it was lunchtime that would be great. I'd happily turn up then and even lend a hand with anything if needed but have a good few shandies on the Thursday night :cheers:

Obviously not your decision, so just commenting more than anything.

HM

d-peg

Post by d-peg »

Good point Kiz...

I would think it would be not a lot different from how setup works now. This year we were allowed in at 6pm officially but were in around 5:30. Last year it was 5pm officially and in around 4:30

It's a health and safety thing. They cannot have the show 'publicly open' while the Marquee's are being erected. Which makes sense if i am honest.

So i would think a small team would be allowed in to put up our marquee (if that is the route we go) around mid-day and the rest of the club between 5 and 6pm. Which is plenty of time to pitch tents and make merry!

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Howlin_Mad wrote:
d-peg wrote:Next year gates open Thursday night so another FULL DAY for those that can...
I'd be interested to hear when exactly, as Thursday NIGHT isn't going to be very practical for people to put up tents! If it was lunchtime that would be great. I'd happily turn up then and even lend a hand with anything if needed but have a good few shandies on the Thursday night :cheers:

Obviously not your decision, so just commenting more than anything.

HM
Dan, I can and will be there when the gates open next year. :D

As I was discussing with Dan I can provide a genny for next year that wont trip out, I can get hold of lighting towers so effectively could illuminate the whole stand. It is up to you guys about the Marquee, if we will be occupying it alot more then im sure a nice white one that is supplied would be the way to go, if not I can supply Army green ones, that are longer, not as high and not as wide. Just thinking about money.

Smitty1977

Post by Smitty1977 »

Next year I'd like to finish JAE uninjured .................. doubt that'll happen though :laughing ,

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Smitty1977 wrote:Next year I'd like to finish JAE uninjured .................. doubt that'll happen though :laughing ,
Id like you to finish un injured too mate. How are you?

Smitty1977

Post by Smitty1977 »

Gaz! wrote:
Smitty1977 wrote:Next year I'd like to finish JAE uninjured .................. doubt that'll happen though :laughing ,
Id like you to finish un injured too mate. How are you?

Still limping mate, but freeing up slowly, :th:

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

d-peg wrote:
jimi wrote:I can lay my hands on a projector (Toshiba I think) that has PC/AV inputs ;) I'll donate it to the club for JAE use :cool1:

:th: :th: :notworthy: :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :th: :th:

But only if you attend next year buddy! :)
If Jimi cant attend - I have a lite pro projector Epsom 3LCD that has the same facilities.

So got it covered just need the nod
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2012”