OCT 05 - Japshow Pics

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 18 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
shaf

Re: Japshow Pics

Post by shaf »

the official one of course :P

Topic author
ribbo

Post by ribbo »

was that jimbobs on the jtuner stand? it was nice, can someone explain to me how it had the NA engine lid on with the turbo engine underneath?

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by jimGTS »

AirWalker wrote:
shaf wrote:
jimGTS wrote:SO WHO THE HELL BOUGHT THE TRD!!!????????????

[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b149/str3 ... C00351.jpg[/img]
was just thinking the same :roll:
Which one ;)

The offical TRD, or Jimbob's that later moved to the JTuner stand - it's a forthcoming cover car.
yes made, the orginal 505bhp TRD!!!
droollllll!!!!
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

Topic author
AirWalker

Post by AirWalker »

I hate to say but I can't now remember his name... Did have a brief chat though.

Try Tim - he went for a quick ride in it to listen to the LSD

Allegedly it felt like it could well be making the power quoted, though Tim only had a really short ride to get a feel for it - although from looking at the car we could only work out that it had:

Power FC and Commander
HKS timing cams
HKS Intercooler and hardpipe kit
HKS exhaust
Apexi intake, mounted 180 degrees rotated from normal!

and oddly - stock turbo housing and stock heatshield over the cat - so unless the standard cat has been gutted or its got a Blitz type decat, then it's still got the cat!! Couldn't be sure about the turbo - may be a hybrid... but defo the visible part was stock toyota.

Who knows, may even have an HKS stroker kit and cams lurking inside...

Anyway, it seems testament to some excellent mapping of the Power FC

Quality car - the fit of the kit and finish of all the panles (no ripples in the spoiler in this example) are testament to the value of a genuine TRD factory fitted by Technocraft example over the replicas.

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by jimGTS »

AirWalker wrote:I hate to say but I can't now remember his name... Did have a brief chat though.

Try Tim - he went for a quick ride in it to listen to the LSD

Allegedly it felt like it could well be making the power quoted, though Tim only had a really short ride to get a feel for it - although from looking at the car we could only work out that it had:

Power FC and Commander
HKS timing cams
HKS Intercooler and hardpipe kit
HKS exhaust
Apexi intake, mounted 180 degrees rotated from normal!

and oddly - stock turbo housing and stock heatshield over the cat - so unless the standard cat has been gutted or its got a Blitz type decat, then it's still got the cat!! Couldn't be sure about the turbo - may be a hybrid... but defo the visible part was stock toyota.

Who knows, may even have an HKS stroker kit and cams lurking inside...

Anyway, it seems testament to some excellent mapping of the Power FC

Quality car - the fit of the kit and finish of all the panles (no ripples in the spoiler in this example) are testament to the value of a genuine TRD factory fitted by Technocraft example over the replicas.

heres the spec from the for sale add!

Gents,

I am offering my rare and desirable TRD2000GT up for sale. It is an authentic original car and has never been abused, crashed or messed around with. It was imported by Miguel of Newera on my behalf about a year and a half ago. I originally sold my Bayside Blue Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec to get this car (Thats how special this car is). Its not been my everyday car, I've been driving a Lexus GS300 Sport around for that job.

It is registered as an model designation of a TRD2000GT in its own right so it is insurable as a kit car. I paid around £300 for a 4000 mile restricted policy.

Performance is in another league compared to a standard car and the engine is fully blue printed and totally reliable. The specs speak for themselves. I personally didn't calculate the figures below it was GAZ (on here?) in his dream car specs section of piston heads, shamelessly cut and paste here.

o 1998 Rev5 MR2 Turbo GT-S Based Donor Car (£12,000)
o Fully Blueprinted Race specification, hand built 3S-GTE (£???)
o Apexi PowerFC ECU (£650)
o Apexi PowerFC Electronic Boost Solenoid (included)
o Apexi PowerFC Handheld Controller (£230)
o Apexi Power Intake Induction Kit (£150)
o HKS 87mm Forged Pistons (£750)
o HKS 264 Degree inlet camshaft (£275)
o HKS 264 Degree exhaust camshaft (£275)
o HKS Adjustible vernier cam pulleys (£330)
o HKS 1.2mm steel head gasket (£180)
o HKS Power timing belt (£110)
o HKS Super Fire Iridium Spark plugs (£60)
o HKS Triple Plate Clutch (£1250)
o HKS Uprated Core Intercooler (£750)
o HKS Intercooler Pipe Kit (£included)
o HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve (£245)
o HKS Super Dragger Polished S/S Twin exit unit (£775)
o HKS Anti-cat bypass pipe (£500)
o HKS GT2530 Ball Bearing Turbo (£1800)
o HKS Alloy Fuel Injection Rail (£195)
o HKS Top Feed 1000cc Injectors (£650)
o HKS Uprated 290L/ph Fuel Pump (£195)
o HKS Adjustible Fuel Pressure Regualtor (£170)
o HKS Electronic Boost Guage (£165)
o TRD Kit Body conversion (£5837)
o TRD Engine mounts (£200)
o TRD Quickshift Kit (£115)
o TRD Gear Knob (£75)
o TRD Clear Side Repeaters (£30)
o Balanced, Lightweight Flywheel (£295)
o Polished Crank (£795)
o EL Sports Struts with Progressive Rated Springs (£2250)
o Heavy duty ignition leads (£70)
o Trust Heavy Duty Oil Cooler with Relocated oil filter (£395)
o Trust High Flow Manifold (£695)
o Trust Exhaust Temperature Monitor (£dunno)
o Uprated Steel Braided Brake Lines (£80)
o Uprated Carbon Brake Pads (£125)
o Alpine Double Din CD/MD DSP/EQ Head Unit (£595)
o Recaro Racing Shell (driver)(£700)
o Recaro Sports Seat (passenger) (£895)
o Evolution Split Rim Alloys 17"x9.5, 17"x8.5 (£2750)
o Toyo T1-S Proxy's 255/40ZR17 Rear, 215/40ZR17 Front (£600)

Not included in spec sheet, but probably needed:Group 'A' Steel Conrods with bolts (£650.00), Uprated Conrod Bolt Kit (£26.5Cool
Uprated Main Bearing Bolt Kit (£91), Group 'A' mains & big end bearings (£280), Uprated Cylinder Head stud kit (£95)

Total cost of parts: £27,235.
VAT: £4766

Total (parts/vat/donor car): Approx £50,000 inc fitting and parts.
--
I don't now if the specs are exactly as above but its pretty close, I have not had the time to even take it to a show.

The car has been in storage for nearly a year now without even a day of use. It is basically just been started every couple of months when ever I could get time to find for it. Its not actually driven a mile in it for over 6 months. It still has less than 30,000 genuine miles on her and I have a full set of both Race and road seats thrown in. A full set of Recaro lightweight racing seats as well as a set of Corbeau Boss seats which are more comfortable if you plan to actually use it as an everyday car. I've never had the boost turned up above 1.1 bar or even played with any of the settings (I know its a pitty) but I was just happy to drive it when ever I had time.

There are only 3 cars in the UK (2 red), this is the only Cosmos Purple example in Europe and no more can come in under the current SVA laws.

1st genuine offer of £14K secures her - no offers and no haggling, I just cannot be bothered anymore.
......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

Topic author
AirWalker

Post by AirWalker »

no arguments from me on any of that - apart from the turbo maybe - but I didn't look that closely and there's limits to what you can see with the shields in place anyway. Cat bypass rather than decat pipe sounds feasable given the shield presence too.

No question about it though, an outstanding example - just need some tlc on the front bumper and wheel caps ;)

Topic author
longone1981

Post by longone1981 »

was a good weekend nice to see the oc stand show up imoc yet again

Topic author
AndyMR2Tbar

Post by AndyMR2Tbar »

Hi People, yup the car is mine, sorry to all for keeping it secret.

I wanted to surprise all my mates with it, didn't go quite to plan but eventually got there. That was down to Ianskiman, massive shout out to him!!!!

Will soon find out exactly whats in this car soon, all i can say is that it's extremely quick and im only running 1bar.

Yea will be sorting out the front bumper (bloody stones) and wheel caps verry soon. ;)

Topic author
AndyMR2Tbar

Post by AndyMR2Tbar »

Oh yea will get my avatar and name sorted soon aswell... :D

Topic author
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Jez~ wrote:Whose car is this???? I absolutely love it!
Loving the look of that spoiler. How much and where from?? :D

Hi Jez,

If you're referring to the rear spoiler it's an MRD GTR-2 High Level Adjustable EVO Rear Spoiler to be exact!!
Not particularly common despite being solely manufactured in the UK.
The price may have something to do with it though.

Are you sitting down?

£600 + VAT
was the old price.

£800 + VAT is the recent revised price!!!

More info at www.fastmr2.com or here: http://www.fastmr2.com/parts.asp?partID=13

Hope this helps,

Rowland

:D

Topic author
Steve

Post by Steve »

steveallart wrote:Anyone else bored of looking at pictures of MR2s? lol
Just me?
burn the witch :twisted: :lol:

Topic author
ribbo

Post by ribbo »

steveallart wrote:Anyone else bored of looking at pictures of MR2s? lol
Just me?
steve!!! where were you?!!! why didnt you come! you could have joined us all in the sardine tin that was the mr2oc stand :D

Topic author
teamshocknick

Post by teamshocknick »

yes boy!! that scooby got owned and i ran a poo time!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 18 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japshow (& Finale) pics & vids”