VC Highland drive pics - April 2011

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
vanilla.coffee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 39
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: VC Highland drive pics - April 2011

Post by vanilla.coffee »

iLogik wrote:picures are ace, wish I could have made this, how safe is it for a very low mk3?
As above, expect high repair costs.
I need a new windscreen and some paintwork attention, 2 rear tyres.
As for the car itself, I am totally thrilled with mine. We all noticed how the MK2's were having to brake for corners that the MK3 did not need to. Astonishing grip, amazingly forgiving - a couple of times where I had overcooked it, the car gradually becomes unsettled and you instinctively can feel when and where and what to do to correct and continue on your way.

I got air several times over some incredible crests and because my suspension is stock, I think mine coped a little better than those that were lowered. (Mine never bottomed out)

And speaking of stock suspension, my car pitched itself more than adequately on stock suspension compared with the lowered or differently equipped set ups of the other MK3's so a testament to Toyota standard set up. They knew what they were doing...! :th:

They'll take the internet off us if people keep doing this.

iLogik

Post by iLogik »

They deffo did know what they were doing, thats what makes getting the right set up on after market so tricky. especially when you throw in super big wheels and a very low ride haha, If I get the car armourproofed on the front ill come, otherwise i think it would end up looking like it was shot with a machine gun.

Topic author
vanilla.coffee

Post by vanilla.coffee »

Alessio and all other MK3 owners - those roads were made our car. Even if you don't make it to a Highland drive, go there for a weekend trip at least once while you have a car like this.

As you can see from my pics, we pretty much had the Highlands all to ourselves !

:th:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Pics are great Tony, thanks for taking so many :th:
iLogik wrote:picures are ace, wish I could have made this, how safe is it for a very low mk3?
Safe? :laughing Cars are made to be driven dude :D

Mine looks like this now

Worth every penny, i'm definately going next year :th:
Cars suck donkey balls

LukeSharples

Post by LukeSharples »

WOW :th: that looks absolutely fantastic! damn its a pity im only just picking my mr2 up, ill be coming to this next year for sure :) looks fantastic

Topic author
vanilla.coffee

Post by vanilla.coffee »

Some randoms that have been fannied about with.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Ripley wrote:I think you have taken over from TLF this trip. I thought he was bad for sniping but you're just as bad :laughing
Aw, pish mon, a Highland Drive without a lensman named Tony.......? :rolleyes:

Truth be told, he's far worse than me. I am merely his inferior disciple. :notworthy:

Cracking pics VC. :clapping: More, please. :th:
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Post by Guest »

Awesome pics VC... Especially the ones which were taken while driving! Fair play to ya for them ones! :th:
That camera must be something special... I'd love my camera to take pics like that, even the colour stands out more than mine :th: (what camera is it btw?)

Vinny, Didn't you only just have that front lip painted before the highlnad drive??? :shocked:

Glad everyone had fun! I know I did last year..... and will next year too (*just passed my PCV driving test so have a job for life there if I want it ;) ). As soon as the dates are annouced, my names down ;)

Topic author
vanilla.coffee

Post by vanilla.coffee »

It's just a Nikon D80 Martin. Used a 10-20mm wide angle for some and a 18-200mm telephoto for the rest.

Some came out pretty good though, quite pleased with quite a few of them - especially day 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Highland Drive pics & vids”