Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Moderators: Ripley, toymr2


User avatar

peteV6R5
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 2713
Joined: 13/08/07 13:06
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2
Real Name: Pete
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by peteV6R5 » 18/11/14 22:36

Image
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

User avatar

Mr_Wedge
Posts: 159
Joined: 21/09/07 17:34
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2
Location: West Midlands

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by Mr_Wedge » 23/11/14 16:04

I'm happy to drive those milages each day, but the V6 is a thirsty little bugger and only does around 250 miles per tank, so a fuel stop will be needed on the longer days please.

Last time I came up, we drove up on the motorway at a steady 60-70 all the way and its the only time I have ever achieved 300 miles out of a tank. lol.

If I really push it hard I can get that down to 130 miles!

User avatar

vinp182
Posts: 2940
Joined: 23/01/08 15:21
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100
Real Name: Vinny
Location: Walsall, West Midlands

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by vinp182 » 23/11/14 16:52

Mr_Wedge wrote:I'm happy to drive those milages each day, but the V6 is a thirsty little bugger and only does around 250 miles per tank, so a fuel stop will be needed on the longer days please.

Last time I came up, we drove up on the motorway at a steady 60-70 all the way and its the only time I have ever achieved 300 miles out of a tank. lol.

If I really push it hard I can get that down to 130 miles!
You can drive in HM's slipstream on the longer days :)
Cars suck donkey balls

User avatar

peteV6R5
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 2713
Joined: 13/08/07 13:06
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2
Real Name: Pete
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by peteV6R5 » 23/11/14 22:08

vinp182 wrote:
Mr_Wedge wrote:I'm happy to drive those milages each day, but the V6 is a thirsty little bugger and only does around 250 miles per tank, so a fuel stop will be needed on the longer days please.

Last time I came up, we drove up on the motorway at a steady 60-70 all the way and its the only time I have ever achieved 300 miles out of a tank. lol.

If I really push it hard I can get that down to 130 miles!
You can drive in HM's slipstream on the longer days :)
:laughing :laughing

Know what you mean though Wedgey - 250 miles on those roads is probably the max I would like to be at as well to be on the safe side.
Image
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

User avatar

Wabbitkilla
Posts: 715
Joined: 16/02/06 0:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Skipton, North Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by Wabbitkilla » 23/11/14 23:45

Range of the Lotus is only 250 to 260 miles too. Steve is in the same boat with the VX. As long as there is a petrol station somewhere on the route we should be okay.
"It's a quiet road - except for the traffic"

User avatar

TonyleFrog
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 5472
Joined: 29/07/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5
Real Name: Three guesses!
Location: Kent
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by TonyleFrog » 24/11/14 3:37

For sassenach tubby owners, brim your tank with V-Power before crossing the Clyde.
Shell filling station at Centreway roundabout near Erskine
Don't worry if you miss the exit off the M898; continue past the Dumbarton Travelodge.
You'll find another one at Craigendoran

Daily fuel stops:
Thursday - Fort William
Friday - Kinlochewe
Saturday - Broadford
Sunday - Scourie or Tongue
Monday - Inverness or Grantown-on-Spey

Fort William is a regular stop. We used Broadford on this year's event.
Bear in mind that Scourie and Tongue are tiny places: each has only one pump.

Inverness isn't the ideal place for a fuel stop as it's easy to get split up.
For those who prefer Shell there used to be one next to the Raigmore Motel.
It subsequently closed and I don't know if it ever reopened. Streetview is well out-of-date.

We switched to the one in Nairn near the railway bridge and traffic lights.
It's a cramped site with only one V-Power pump which caused some fun and games!
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"


User avatar

Ripley
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 1585
Joined: 04/09/05 1:00
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3
Real Name: Ann
Location: Perthshire

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by Ripley » 19/01/15 20:12

Hi Guys, can someone please re post the routes as i cant seem to read them on the ipad or Bobs laptop, thanks :th:
Image


Save the bunnies!

User avatar

Howlin_Mad
Posts: 7753
Joined: 14/09/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3
Real Name: Yes I have one ta.
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by Howlin_Mad » 25/02/15 23:58

I think I'll be at the back of the convoy for this unless I get my suspension issues sorted out and I'm not a quick driver on roads I don't know. Too many days of driving sensibly with many speed cameras :blush:

What's the deal with keeping up? I have a satnav, and what's the deal with food/drink breaks being my first HD :blush:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6 // JDM Rev3 Auto G-Ltd GONE // JDM Rev3 GT-S Turbo RIP
MPSTorque monster...For SALE

User avatar

vinp182
Posts: 2940
Joined: 23/01/08 15:21
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100
Real Name: Vinny
Location: Walsall, West Midlands

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by vinp182 » 26/02/15 6:39

Every day is planned out perfectly dude with plenty of stops

No one will get lost. Thought you had your suspension issues in hand?
Cars suck donkey balls

User avatar

Howlin_Mad
Posts: 7753
Joined: 14/09/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3
Real Name: Yes I have one ta.
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by Howlin_Mad » 26/02/15 7:19

vinp182 wrote:Thought you had your suspension issues in hand?
Still working on it. Got about 5 different options ranging from the simple cheap but not guaranteed to work option through to all out wallet busting entire replacement :blush:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6 // JDM Rev3 Auto G-Ltd GONE // JDM Rev3 GT-S Turbo RIP
MPSTorque monster...For SALE

User avatar

Wabbitkilla
Posts: 715
Joined: 16/02/06 0:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1
Location: Skipton, North Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by Wabbitkilla » 26/02/15 8:41

Howlin_Mad wrote:
vinp182 wrote:Thought you had your suspension issues in hand?
Still working on it. Got about 5 different options ranging from the simple cheap but not guaranteed to work option through to all out wallet busting entire replacement :blush:

HM
I'm in the middle of a complete suspension refresh, coilovers, wishbones, and upgrades. I know the pain, you have to feel safe!
"It's a quiet road - except for the traffic"

User avatar

Ripley
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 1585
Joined: 04/09/05 1:00
Years of MR2 Ownership: 22
MR2's Owned: 3
Real Name: Ann
Location: Perthshire

Re: 2015 Highland drive routes

Post by Ripley » 27/02/15 9:25

Howlin_Mad wrote:I think I'll be at the back of the convoy for this unless I get my suspension issues sorted out and I'm not a quick driver on roads I don't know. Too many days of driving sensibly with many speed cameras :blush:

What's the deal with keeping up? I have a satnav, and what's the deal with food/drink breaks being my first HD :blush:

HM
You won't get left behind Kiz. We always have a sweeper that stays with the slower car. Everyone drives at their own pace and within their comfort zone. There is no pressure to keep up with the pack. Walkie talkies are essential for keeping in touch. Phone signal,is intermittent.
Relax, you'll have a ball. GlenN honed his driving skills on the Highland Drive :laughing
Image


Save the bunnies!

Post Reply

Return to “Highland Drive 2015”