West Mids HD Convoy

Moderators: Ripley, toymr2

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
vinp182
Posts: 2933
Joined: 23/01/08 15:21
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100
Real Name: Vinny
Location: Walsall, West Midlands

West Mids HD Convoy

Post by vinp182 » 06/04/16 12:08

Same cafe as usual, however its now called Lloyds Cafe

Lloyds Cafe
Park Lane
Wednesbury
WS10 9SE

Aim to leave the cafe at 9.30 - 10am to get to Tebay services to meet the north lot, Steve, Nic, etc to leave there for 1pm at the latest which should mean we hit the Travelodge in Perth for around 4pm :th:

1. Vinny + Stace
2. Wedge + Jo
3. Alan
4. Ria
5. Clements
6. TLF ??

Tebay
7. Steve
8. Nic
9. Stewart ??

Carlisle
10. Dick ??


Cars suck donkey balls

User avatar

TonyleFrog
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 5442
Joined: 29/07/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5
Real Name: Three guesses!
Location: Kent
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: West Mids HD Convoy

Post by TonyleFrog » 06/04/16 14:02

Not me, I'm afraid. With the start in Perth rather than Dumbarton this year, it doesn't make any sense for those of us from Kent (TLF & B22_JLD) to be going via the M6.

Plus it would be criminal to omit the superb traffic-free B roads in Northumberland. :th:
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

User avatar

Topic author
vinp182
Posts: 2933
Joined: 23/01/08 15:21
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100
Real Name: Vinny
Location: Walsall, West Midlands

Re: West Mids HD Convoy

Post by vinp182 » 06/04/16 14:55

TonyleFrog wrote:Not me, I'm afraid. With the start in Perth rather than Dumbarton this year, it doesn't make any sense for those of us from Kent (TLF & B22_JLD) to be going via the M6.

Plus it would be criminal to omit the superb traffic-free B roads in Northumberland. :th:
Yeah I thought you may be going the other way.... See you in Perth then :)
Cars suck donkey balls


stewart@boro
Posts: 49
Joined: 12/02/15 18:42
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1
Real Name: Stewart

Re: West Mids HD Convoy

Post by stewart@boro » 06/04/16 16:40

As tony says us on the eastern side might be better cutting through Northumberland
I had thought of eventually catching you just north of Biggar if you were thinking to cut through on the a702 to the Edinburgh ring road.
Tony if you want some company :)

User avatar

Topic author
vinp182
Posts: 2933
Joined: 23/01/08 15:21
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100
Real Name: Vinny
Location: Walsall, West Midlands

Re: West Mids HD Convoy

Post by vinp182 » 06/04/16 17:33

stewart@boro wrote:As tony says us on the eastern side might be better cutting through Northumberland
I had thought of eventually catching you just north of Biggar if you were thinking to cut through on the a702 to the Edinburgh ring road.
Tony if you want some company :)
Yeah I've spoken to Nic and he mentioned he'll probably cut through to your way :th: adds over an hour to our journey tho so we will just go the quickest and straight foreward way

See everyone next week :D
Cars suck donkey balls

User avatar

TonyleFrog
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 5442
Joined: 29/07/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5
Real Name: Three guesses!
Location: Kent
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: West Mids HD Convoy

Post by TonyleFrog » 06/04/16 20:34

stewart@boro wrote:Tony if you want some company :)
I sense a plan coming together... :)
We will be going via Barnard Castle if that helps.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"


stewart@boro
Posts: 49
Joined: 12/02/15 18:42
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1
Real Name: Stewart

Re: West Mids HD Convoy

Post by stewart@boro » 06/04/16 21:45

A68 all the way to the border for me, then to Hawick on the A6088. Then Selkirk and Peebles where I intend to stop to purchase the best and biggest sausage rolls in Scotland :)
Meeting Nic at the junction of the 702 and 721
Not sure how that fits with your plans Tony

User avatar

TonyleFrog
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 5442
Joined: 29/07/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5
Real Name: Three guesses!
Location: Kent
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: West Mids HD Convoy

Post by TonyleFrog » 07/04/16 0:53

stewart@boro wrote:A68 all the way to the border for me, then to Hawick on the A6088. Then Selkirk and Peebles where I intend to stop to purchase the best and biggest sausage rolls in Scotland :)
Meeting Nic at the junction of the 702 and 721
Not sure how that fits with your plans Tony
We'll be coming up the B6357 which joins the A6088 south of Bonchester Bridge. We could meet there. However I was intending to head for Jedburgh rather than going via Hawick and Selkirk. Open to a change of plan though.

There won't be any opportunity to fill up with V-Power between Edinburgh and Inverness, so I'll be stopping either at Dreghorn just off the A720 Edinburgh by-pass or at Queensferry just south of the Forth Bridge.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"


stewart@boro
Posts: 49
Joined: 12/02/15 18:42
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1
Real Name: Stewart

Re: West Mids HD Convoy

Post by stewart@boro » 07/04/16 22:34

What time do you think you would be around Bonchester Bridge?

User avatar

TonyleFrog
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 5442
Joined: 29/07/06 1:00
Gender: Male
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5
Real Name: Three guesses!
Location: Kent
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: West Mids HD Convoy

Post by TonyleFrog » 07/04/16 23:33

Ah the $64,000 question. YHPM. :)
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Post Reply

Return to “Highland Drive 2016”