Bucks Girl - New Member

Welcome to the club, come and say hello

Topic author
BucksGirl

Bucks Girl - New Member

Post by BucksGirl » 09/11/19 14:44

Hello All,

Joined the club yesterday, and would love to hear from any members who live in Oxon, Bucks or Berks. I live in South Oxon, and would like to arrange regular meet-ups, with "local members" - be it for pub lunch, a blast in our beloved Mr 2's in nice weather etc. But generally just to share information and social activities.

As a life-long "Petrol Head", I love attending at all our racing circuits in the UK, during the season. In the meantime, I like to get out as much as possible, in the miserable winter months, which makes the dark days more bearable. I have now owned my MK2 Targa '93 (import) G-Limited model, for over 20 years. So yes, I LOVE my car! :)

Cheers and look forward to hearing from you.

Nell

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Bucks Girl - New Member

Post by jimi » 09/11/19 18:41

Welcome to the club :th:
I'd guess those area's fall under South Central which seems a bit dead, worth having a look through the regions to see if there's anything close https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forum/64.html
I have now owned my MK2 Targa '93 (import) G-Limited model, for over 20 years. So yes, I LOVE my car! :)

:postpics:

:laughing
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by MRHAPPY62 » 09/11/19 19:09

Welcome to the Club :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

angpozzuto
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Post by angpozzuto » 09/11/19 19:14

I'm a few counties away from you in Hertfordshire. Welcome to the club anyway :D :D :D
Supercharged v6 mk1 build thread
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/125/166558.html

Topic author
BucksGirl

Post by BucksGirl » 10/11/19 8:13

AH, WHAT A LOVELY WELCOME - Thank you Jimi, Mr Happy and Angpozzuto - come stai? (I guess your surname is from the Land of Lambo's! :)

Yes, my immediate 3 counties are "dry" for members, but I am always happy to jump into "SLY" my car (part of reg plate - hence his name - def a boy!), and drive to meet chums alike you. Mr Happy, I am always down in West Sussex, as I have chums there, but I love the easy access to the coastline of W.Sx and Hants.... So, here's to many meets.

Unfortunately, last week, I drove home and found that SLY's two front door seals are leaking, at the top, where the front targa roof sections, meet the vertical door ones, if you know what I mean? (not good for my killer heals!). Should I ask for help in the Tech section about this? I bought the rounded, a shaped hollow "stick-on" rubber seals, as a temp measure, until I buy the horrendously costly £500 + complete set, incl roof ones. I know for a fact they are the original ones, so have lasted pretty well.

Please advise me on this.

Many thanks again.

Nell

oddshoes
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by oddshoes » 10/11/19 10:28

Welcome to the club my wife and myself are based in Aylesbury bucks, I am a mk3 owner and Laura is mk2 turbo owner

11 years with mr2's
Rev1 Turbo, Rev5 GTI, Rev3 Turbo, PFL Roadster, Rev3 3VZ, PFL MR-S

Topic author
BucksGirl

Post by BucksGirl » 10/11/19 15:33

Hello Oddshoes and Madame! I am delighted to hear from you, as I was beginning to think I was on a Desert Island of NO MR2's, here in Oxon! :)

How impressive that you have owned 6 of our fab marques? I would love to meet up at some stage, when you and your wife fancy a little trip out.... I am from South Bucks originally; Amersham, Gt Missenden, Ch St Peter etc., so Aylesbury is still one of my "playgrounds" and visit friends who live there.

Thanks for response, and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Bestest,

Nell

oddshoes
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by oddshoes » 10/11/19 19:28

Hi Nell

We both not originally from round here bit it's now home, I don't think there's much in meets around this way amd it's coming to the time of year when things slow up too. Will be good to meet up do you go to sunday scramble at bicester Hertigate

11 years with mr2's
Rev1 Turbo, Rev5 GTI, Rev3 Turbo, PFL Roadster, Rev3 3VZ, PFL MR-S

Topic author
BucksGirl

Post by BucksGirl » 10/11/19 23:45

Hello Dave,

I have heard of Bicester Heritage/Sunday Scramble, but never been. It looks great. I note tickets are on sale now, for 5 Jan, and I am definitely up for that.

Let me know when you and Laura can meet up.

Thanks.

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by MRHAPPY62 » 11/11/19 19:41

Not much happens in sussex either :sad: But I travel to Kent for the runs , and you are pretty central for the shows like japfest , japday, etc :)
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Return to “Introduce Yourself”