Bucks Girl - New Member

Welcome to the club, come and say hello

nick

Re: Bucks Girl - New Member

Post by nick » 15/11/19 11:50

Above advice is excellent, all i would add is that it does help the seals to take the roof panels out regularly to give the seals rest.

Bicester gets VERY busy, lots of traffic. worth going but plan carefully.

Topic author
BucksGirl

Bicester Heritage Jan 2020

Post by BucksGirl » 15/11/19 11:54

Hello Tony (and All), I have just bought my ticket for the above. However, I was advised that MR2OC is not a registered club with them. They advised that their criteria for "classic car" status, is PRE 1989. I wonder if anyone knows why our club has not registered with them?
Thanx.

Topic author
BucksGirl

Bicester Heritage Jan 2020 and Leaking Roof

Post by BucksGirl » 15/11/19 12:15

Thanks Nick. I will remember that and get to event early. Thanks also for advice on removal of panels. My rotten luck, that this did not occur in the summer?! Oxon weather revolting today :(

TonyleFrog
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: Bicester Heritage Jan 2020

Post by TonyleFrog » 15/11/19 15:00

BucksGirl wrote:
15/11/19 11:54
Hello Tony (and All), I have just bought my ticket for the above. However, I was advised that MR2OC is not a registered club with them. They advised that their criteria for "classic car" status, is PRE 1989.
Close, but no cigar. :)
Bicester Heritage define 'classic car' as pre-1990 - https://bicesterheritage.co.uk/events/
BucksGirl wrote:
15/11/19 11:54
I wonder if anyone knows why our club has not registered with them?
Thanx.
There has never been anything stopping the OC registering (see the FAQ here).
That said, there are a few reasons why this hasn't happened.
Only Mk1s actually meet the 'classic car' criteria (though we might get away with a very early Rev1 Mk2). ;)
We would need someone to step up to the plate as the club rep for all 3 events (Jan/Apr/Oct).
I'm not sure whether we have enough committed support to make it worthwhile. Happy to be proven wrong.

Meanwhile... https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forum/14/167919.html
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
BucksGirl

Bicester Heritage Jan 2020

Post by BucksGirl » 17/11/19 8:59

Thanx for info Tony. The ticket lady was obviously mis-informed re: "classic car" criteria. The good thing about our club being reg., is that we would get a designated parking area - just for MR2'S - so easily to meet-up with members. I am sure the events are very enjoyable - and roll on Jan 5 - I say! :)

Topic author
BucksGirl

TRYING TO FIND an MR2 FRIEND from North London

Post by BucksGirl » 26/11/19 10:48

Hello All,

Does anyone know a chap called "Ian". He is a Kiwi originally, and when we last attended Silverstone/Brands etc., he owned an MR2 MK I Turbo import. He bought his in New Zealand, and brought it over to the UK, where he was living at the time.

I would love to meet up with Ian and his girlfriend again. I used to live near Great Missenden, Bucks., at the time and Ian even stored his beloved MR2 at my house, whilst he travelled. In those days he lived in North London, near the North Circular Road. He was a member of MR2 Drivers Club - where we met.

I would be most grateful for any info.

Thanks.

Nell

Return to “Introduce Yourself”