Little lurker

Welcome to the club, come and say hello
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2Again

Little lurker

Post by MR2Again »

I've been a member for a while but not much of a poster. Time to put that right.

I'm on my 3rd MR2, all Mk3s. I had my first in 2004 but changed it for a TT as I had a long commute at the time. Probably a mistake but it did smooth my driving after it had changed to take advantage of the MR2's responsiveness. My second was in 2017. I didn't really gel with it. I think that was because I was regretting selling a Lotus Elise and the MR2 couldn't replace it. Time has moved on. I had a Lotus Excel (I am a Lotus fan) but it was only different from a mainstream car when pressing on and I wanted something that gave me more accessible fun amd my mind kept going back to the MR2. Even though I didn't gel with it, I sometimes took the long way home from work as the car was so much fun to drive. I can't afford an Elise now as their prices have gone up so much and the roadster is a mass-manufaturer's version of an Elise so is pretty close so I don't have the longing any more.

The car is great fun but, with the 6th gear, can cruise quietly (it has a hardtop) and is economical. What's not to like?

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Little lurker

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

Welcome back :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

andyroo
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 15

Post by andyroo »

Hi and welcome back to the OC.
MR2 MK3 Silver 56
Mercedes E220 2016
Lexus IS300H 2014

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Welcome to the Club, as is traditional on such threads
:postpics:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”