Audio plug, is this ok.

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
mikehn

Audio plug, is this ok.

Post by mikehn »

Hi Restoring an 89 Mk1b, going well, welding nearly finished, I am hopping from one job to another to keep frustration at bay, working so far. However the one area that I am not looking forward to is chasing wiring issues, not my strong suit. Have all my lights working but headlights refusing to pop up, tomorrows problem. Howsever I am hoping that somebody can comment on what I am looking at re stereo install.When I got the car it had an empty hole where the stereo used to be.I had a decent Sony unit earmarked for this. Is the plug pictured the original audio plug, googling has thrown up a myriad of articles referring to harness adapters and the one that I found in the glove box matches but is unsuitable for the existing plug in the car. Any comments would be really appreciated.Apart from aerial connection there does not seem to be any other wiring hanging around looking for a home.Image Image

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Audio plug, is this ok.

Post by jimi »

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
mikehn

Re: Audio plug, is this ok.

Post by mikehn »

Thanks jimi I had already looked at that. What I'm trying to figure out regarding the plug in the picture is the corresponding male plug to fit into it (assuming that it is the audio cable :). I was considering cutting it and joining the wires when I would then use the colour coded link.Thanks

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”