Exhaust upgrade, but which one?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
TigerTebb
Years of MR2 Ownership: 3
MR2's Owned: 1

Exhaust upgrade, but which one?

Post by TigerTebb »

As I still run the standard exhaust on my 2 I've decided its time for an upgrade but I wasn't sure which to go for. So after searching the internet two exhaust designs have stood out for me, and thats the Mongoose and the Janspeed. I've seen videos of both of these run on YouTube and I do know that Janspeed are harder to get a hold of. So I'm basically asking anyone 1) If they know of any other exhaust systems they would recommend? and 2) which of the two systems would be a better choice? (I'm asking for your opinions so don't tell me it's my decision). Any responses would be greatly appreciated and any users of these exhaust systems please do tell me what you think?
It's something I'm saving towards but would definitely like to do over summer, I just need to decide which one to get! :laughing

Thanks in advance

1988 4A-GE mk1b

It must be the car. Chicks always dig the car - Batman

chefey

Re: Exhaust upgrade, but which one?

Post by chefey »

I think Jimi is the man to wait for, I have a janspeed on my rev 4, nice note from it, and not very loud, I think the rolled ends look nicer than the plain ends on other makes. :D

chefey

Post by chefey »

Jeff
It`s a Mk 1 car, and he likes the Janspeed

Topic author
TigerTebb

Post by TigerTebb »

I agree with rolled ends, but Mongoose offer that aswell so its negligible. Janspeed are cheaper as they're second hand but if Mongoose is the generally preferred I'd rather save for one of them.
1988 4A-GE mk1b

Watchman

Post by Watchman »

The advantage of buying the Mongoose new is that you'll have a lifetime warranty.

Topic author
TigerTebb

Post by TigerTebb »

Watchman wrote:The advantage of buying the Mongoose new is that you'll have a lifetime warranty.
That is true! And also the fact the a new mongoose is going to be in better condition than any Janspeed.

I think my biggest decision is the tone of the exhaust, from what I've head its obvious the Janspeed is louder but I haven't heard much of a Mongoose so I don't really know how it sounds :crybaby:
1988 4A-GE mk1b

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”