MR2 Checks

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Tracxs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 4

MR2 Checks

Post by Tracxs »

Hi Guys,

A few questions.. ive been working on my 1b for the past while and ive eventually got the body rust free..now im moving into an area that im not so well up on..mechanical maintenance,
1. Ive noticed in the rear wheels a bit of play when i shake them?
2. while driving there is a droning noise?
3.While turning the steering wheel while parking i can hear a knocking as if two bars knocking of each other
and finally my mate is taking out the engine to detail it and im wondering since its going to be taken out is there anything I should get changed since its out??

Sorry for all the silly questions

chefey

Re: MR2 Checks

Post by chefey »

With your 1 &2 it sounds like wheel bearings, is there any noise or roughness when you spin them by hand?
Your steering noise, you will have to get underneath and get someone to work steering wheel back and forth a few inches, reasonably fast ad see where the noise and play are. Also jack it up wheels free and see what play you get there. Maybe suspension bushes.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”