Brake disc covers

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Tracxs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 4

Brake disc covers

Post by Tracxs »

I've been on to Toyota UK and IRL looking for the brake disc protectors but they have been discontinued and apparently it's a NCT failure here in Ireland would anyone have any suggestions, mine are completely rotten, it's a 1990 MK1 that' I have, any help

Thanks
Paul

trevsmr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Brake disc covers

Post by trevsmr2 »

Tried these ?
http://www.mr2-ben.co.uk/products/view/ ... 989-121991

Or get some from another car ,they can be cut off and re-fitted ,probably have to buy the hubs though , (Rev2 are slightly larger than Rev1 )

Topic author
Tracxs

Post by Tracxs »

Ho thanks for your reply but its a MK1 MR2 that I got, tried Ben last week and he has none, a lot of the cars have the same problem as myself but due to the car testing in Ireland car will not pass test where as it will pass the MOT

fingers99

Post by fingers99 »

Shouldn't be difficult for a half way decent fabricator to make some up. There's a guy on the Guy Croft forum who even makes his own press tools for ones for his old Beemers -- not simple, but do-able.

In stainless they'll outlive the rest of the car!

alanwheeldon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

Brake disc covers

Post by alanwheeldon »

Any on eBay or at breaker yards your way??

Topic author
Tracxs

Post by Tracxs »

Checked ebay nothing happening..A few guys checking cars for me, but with the salts on roads a lot have disintegrated at this stage

suchafunkymonkey

Post by suchafunkymonkey »

My MK1 MR2 no longer has its brake disc covers (they dissolved before I took ownership).

This didn't stop it passing its MOT in the UK or its NCT when I brought it over to Ireland.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”