stalling issue

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Madfox

stalling issue

Post by Madfox »

Hi all,

My mk1 runs well on start up. Choke stays on a bit too long like many but gradually switches off over time. However when the car is very hot the revs drop off on off idle. For example, when I was stuck in traffic last week the car kept on stalling when sitting. As soon as I moved off and the temperature dropped a bit it idled fine.

I've had a service, cleaned up the throttle body (which was very sooty) but it's not made any difference. The car does not have the original air box, I wonder if this is relevant. Or could it be the coil? Always annoying when the problem is intermittent...

Any ideas?

Jon

Topic author
chefey

Re: stalling issue

Post by chefey »

Have you checked for error codes, did the problem start before or after you serviced it, are plugs, leads and dist cap ok? Check for air leaks, You said For example, when I was stuck in traffic last week the car kept on stalling when sitting. As soon as I moved off and the temperature dropped a bit it idled fine.
it sounds a bit like one of the temp/ cold start sensors, but I may be wrong. jimi is your man, or one of the other Mk 1 owners.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”