rough idle + reluctant to rev

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
sirRhodes

rough idle + reluctant to rev

Post by sirRhodes »

Hi can someone advise me on what this problem could be, me and my friend think a problem of fuel/air entering the engine, anybody know what may be causing this or will I just have to go through each part and try and find something clogged.
Or could it be an air flow sensor problem?
unfortunately the videos are too big to upload so I will put the on youtube and comment with the links in a minuite

Topic author
sirRhodes

Re: rough idle + reluctant to rev

Post by sirRhodes »

Topic author
sirRhodes

Post by sirRhodes »

firebobby
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by firebobby »

Has this suddenly happened or has it been getting worse over time, could be a blocked air filter, poor plugs, try and check it at night or in a garage to see if the HT leads are arcing out, how old is the petrol, petrol goes off over quite a short time and the engine won't run right if it has gone off.

firebobby

Post by firebobby »

Has this suddenly happened or has it been getting worse over time, could be a blocked air filter, poor plugs, try and check it at night or in a garage to see if the HT leads are arcing out, how old is the petrol, petrol goes off over quite a short time and the engine won't run right if it has gone off.

Topic author
sirRhodes

Post by sirRhodes »

I don't know because its a project i've had for a few months
I fitted new HT leads and spark plugs the other day (it wouldn't rev at all before that)
the petrol is fairly new, there was no petrol in it at all when i got it i then put some in so could some crap from the bottom of the tank of been sucked through and is clogging the fuel filter or injectors?

firebobby

Post by firebobby »

I would defo get the fuel filter changed as a matter of course. What's the air filter like ??

Topic author
sirRhodes

Post by sirRhodes »

ok cheers, I will just google how to check the filter as i don't want to buy it if its not needed, im on a bit of a budget
I think its alright, tbh that was one of my first ideas so i took the pipe off the filter and it didn't really make much difference so i presume it is ok

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”