oil pressure gauge not doing a lot.

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
adamstanford

oil pressure gauge not doing a lot.

Post by adamstanford »

Hello. Hoping to pick some brains here.
The oil pressure gauge on my mk1 has never moved much, and I was wondering if this was common. Above 2500rpm it reads about 2 notches above half way. And at idle it sits about 2/3 between L and the Middle.. Hope that makes sense. It moves in relation to the revs. never drops any lower than 2/3 from middle and never raises anymore than 2 above middle.

Car seems to run fine. Revs up OK, no smoke, lumpiness or anything to indicate anything other than the gauge is at fault. Doesn't use any oil or water atall, which I find for a 160k mile car pretty amazing. And I service it regularly.

Anyone got any thoughts? Cheers
Adam

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: oil pressure gauge not doing a lot.

Post by jimi »

Stop worrying, that's perfectly normal for a 4A-GE, mine is more or less the same (slightly higher pressure) but less miles (around 120k)
Never uses any oil or water either, never had to top it up between oil changes and as far as I know it's never been opened.
If you change the oil, filters, plugs regularly (every year) and look after the cooling system these engines will keep going for a long, long time :th:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
adamstanford

Re: oil pressure gauge not doing a lot.

Post by adamstanford »

Okie doke. Thanks very much feel a lot better about it now.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”