Injectors will not fire MK1b

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
plank-08

Injectors will not fire MK1b

Post by plank-08 »

Hi everyone please help. I have a E reg MK1 MR2 and unfortunately it has had a electrical fire and burnt most of engine bay wiring. I have installed a new loom from another MR2 but am having issues. The car will start and fire up for approx 2 seconds and then cut out. I believe that the cold start injector is giving an initial squirt of fuel and the that is what makes car run. I am getting good spark and also fuel in the rail. I have proven that I have 12 v on the injectors right back to my ECU with ignition on. From what I have read the ECU is meant to pulse the earth connection to the injectors to dose the fuel. I have an oscilloscope and I have looked for pulses from ECU and have none. If I physically pulse the earth onto the injectors myself I can make the car run. I have replaced the ECU and still have same issue. Does anyone know what may be causing the issue? I assume the ECU requires an input from the RPM sensor in the distributor to work. I have also put oscilloscope on the connection from RPM sensor and can see a waveform reaching the ECU. Does anyone exactly what signal is meant to be produced? I have also run through the ECU diagnostic check and system says no faults?

Any appreciated,

Thanks

James

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 7 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”