Mk1 exhaust rubbers T-bar leaking condensation low idle

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
vinnybambam

Mk1 exhaust rubbers T-bar leaking condensation low idle

Post by vinnybambam »

Hi All ---Mr2 mk1 1988

I have just bought my first Mk1 t bar 1988. I am very excited and really enjoyed the drive back from London when I bought it. There are a couple of things that I was wondering if you could kindly help me with. The exhaust seems like an after market and leaks so I want to go genuine and wondered what your thoughts were on where to buy. The rubbers on the T bar seem to be leaking on one side of the car but also when I get in the car on a misty cold day the glass on windscreen and above me on the T bar is saturated with water. Like condensation but if I wipe it, it leaks everywhere so need to do it with a towel. Any advice would be appreciated. The only place I see leak is one side of left T bar.
Also when I come off the motorway after car is warm and stop at junction the car cuts off liek the idle is low. ANy thoughts on what to do. I dont want any cheap options just the proper proffesional way. I dont mind spending the money to getting it right, Many thanks to you all.

Please email me if you can help source the parts and what the probems could be thanks Muz

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”