Dash aerial

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
mikehn

Dash aerial

Post by mikehn »

Hi all, Due to the death of my electric aerial I am considering using one of the amplified dash ones. Has anyone got an opinion or is using one at the moment.This is the one I'm looking at https://www.incarconnections.co.uk/car- ... tenna.html
Thanks in advance.
Mike

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Dash aerial

Post by jimi »

Why not just replace the aerial with a generic electric one, they aren't expensive and it's easy enough to do. https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2/mk1 ... kbartid=69
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
mikehn

Post by mikehn »

The dash one is supposed to be "amplified", I'm in a kind of a black spot reception wise and experience fade out with the signal when I'm on the move.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

I used one years ago (on a Nissan Silvia S12) for a while,it was stuck along the top of the windscreen and wasn't amplified, it worked but not great, OK with a decent signal but got a bit "directional" with a weak signal.
The problem with "amplifying" the signal is that a poor quality signal amplified is still a "censored" signal. If it's cheap enough it might be worth a try. Personnally I'd go for something like this

it's got a 99cm (extended) mast and should give decent reception, pretty much what I have fitted to my MK1.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
mikehn

Post by mikehn »

Thanks Jimi, Appreciated.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”