Non working oil pressure gauge

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Larry C
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Non working oil pressure gauge

Post by Larry C »

Hi Folks, when I got my project MR2 the oil gauge was certainly working as I remember looking at it when the car was running thinking "my god, it's even got oil pressure!" However after standing in the garage for the last 6 or 7 weeks I fired it up and the gauge didn't seem to move. Can anyone tell me where it gets it's feed from, is it even an electric gauge?? I have been working in and around the engine so may have disturbed the feed, again if it's an electric gauge. I'm moving the car on to a new owner and even though it's gonna be a parts car the engine is quite good and would like him to see some sort of proof that the engine has oil pressure.

Topic author
Larry C
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Re: Non working oil pressure gauge

Post by Larry C »

Sussed it! Found out there's a sensor next to the oil filter that has a single wire going to. The wire had come out from the end terminal due to my ham fists being in the area! Crimped on a blue female spade connector that slid over the round "button" on the sensor with a very snug fit. Hey presto the gauge sprung into life showing a very healthy reading, if it can be believed!

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18

Re: Non working oil pressure gauge

Post by jimi »

Your not the first and certainly won't be the last to knock that connection off ;) it's easy done :laughing well done for sussing it out yourself :th:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”