Rear Quarter Panels

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
nightkid

Rear Quarter Panels

Post by nightkid »

Hi all
I've seen quite a few places selling "repair" rear quarter panel kits...but what if you want a whole rear quarter panel instead?
I had a good look on ebay just and couldn't find anything and just wonder if anyone still sell them and approx for how much. Do Toyota still sell them?

Cheers
Tom

Topic author
vinceMR2

Rear Quarter Panels

Post by vinceMR2 »

yep you can get whole rear quarters from Mr T but, they aint cheap and require some hefty welding to fit them, as they are not bolt on.

you can get replicas from here.

vince

Topic author
nightkid

Re: Rear Quarter Panels

Post by nightkid »

Thanks for that. I did see that website before but wasn't sure if they deliver to the UK. One of my friend who is an ex mechanic told me if the car's panels was originally welded then any replacement panel must be welded too for it to pass UK MOT. Don't know, any truth in that?

Topic author
nightkid

Re: Rear Quarter Panels

Post by nightkid »

Has anyone had experience ordering these replicas panels from the UK?
Just wondering if they are a good fit already.

Just checked - Toyota wants £300 + VAT per rear quarter panel.

Topic author
Littlemick

Rear Quarter Panels

Post by Littlemick »

Im ordering both of mine from Fensport, doubt i will get much change from £700 after VAT and shipping, but thats the price you pay for a classic!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”