PLEASE HELP.ALARM WOES

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Re_pole

PLEASE HELP.ALARM WOES

Post by Re_pole »

firstly hello everyone and thanks for your help in advance! Ok so I purchased myself a silver anaversery edition mr2.all the way from Bradford to Scotland..I got it shipped up via transporter.soo.here is my woe. It came with three keys and 2 key fobs.both keyfobs do nothing to the cars alarm,locks, anything..but they light up pretty!! If I unlock the car and open the driver's door the alarm will go off but on starting the car after ten seconds it will go off..if I unlock the door via passenger side and open that door first then all is well.no alarm..nothing.however the security light on the dash ALWAYS flashes.no mater what..what have I done wrong! The previous owner said it was disconnected from the battery for around two months if that helps.please help before I literally greet.

Slitster

Re: PLEASE HELP.ALARM WOES

Post by Slitster »

I have the same car and self same problem. did you ever find out what it was?

OllieT
Years of MR2 Ownership: 3
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by OllieT »

I had this issue.

It is normal for the alarm to go off if you open the door after unlocking manually with the "hard" key i.e not the fob. It is also normal for the security light to be blinking in this case.

You need to re-pair the fob to your car. There are tonnes of methods out there but for me the only surefire one is described in the link here: https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums ... -key-fobs/

It may take a few tries as its fiddly!

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”