Water leaking from around the turbo actuator

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
bluey_mr2

Water leaking from around the turbo actuator

Post by bluey_mr2 »

Hi,

Im new to the MR2 project having just bought a 92 gts turbo last week.. was having do much fun until it springs a water leak hoping you cld give me some pointers.

Seems to be spraying from a pipe attached to the turbo? i think the actuator?

Thanks

Mark

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Water leaking from around the turbo actuator

Post by MR2DI4 »

Gasket or pipe has gone to the coolant either entering or exiting the CHRA of the Turbo itself. The turbo is water cooled.

The actuator is air driven so its not those pipes. Unfortunately there is a whole lot of water pipes going through this area so it may be harder to see the one leaking.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”