CO emisions

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
einsvonzehn

CO emisions

Post by einsvonzehn »

Having the yearly test my emmisions have risen from 0.3% last year to 0.760% having driven 2000km in the year. The tester said it wasn't a big problem but I have to get it reduced. Any ideas to why the increase. :confused1:

oVerboost.

Re: CO emisions

Post by oVerboost. »

Did the MOT tester get the exhaust really hot? Was it parked up before the test took place?

Could be the catalyst breaking up, if it's original or it could well be the lambda sensor starting to fail. Other than those items, if it's serviced correctly there isn't much else it could be on these cars.
Last edited by oVerboost. on 21/06/19 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

SegaAges
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: CO emisions

Post by SegaAges »

Had this on my 2 as well, one year it hardly registered on the computer for Co reading the next year the Co was off the chart the garage said this moter is running really rich, I spend days testing everything, even had the injectors out encase one was leaking but nothing and all was well with in spec, decided to put another cat on and that sorted it.

Thing about the Mr2 is the cat is so far away from the engine so the engine needs to be really hot before the tester shoves the prob in, it cools down very quickly on idle I noticed it when I was putting a temperature gun on mine to make sure the new cat was working properly.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”