Will a Rev 3 downpipe fit a Rev 2?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Lukekillick

Will a Rev 3 downpipe fit a Rev 2?

Post by Lukekillick »

Hi,

I was sold a Rev 3 downpipe from an eBay seller as presumably they assumed the 1994 reg from my car also meant it was manufactured in that year (it was actually manufactured late 1993 so still a Rev 2 car). It’s also N/A. I know the downpipes are different, with the 2 pipes that attach to the exhaust manifold on the Rev 3 being both steeper angled and longer before the flex pipe. Has anyone successfully fit a Rev 3 downpipe to a Rev 2 car?

Side question, is it necessary to fit the heat shield from the old downpipe to the new one?

Cheers

benckj
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Re: Will a Rev 3 downpipe fit a Rev 2?

Post by benckj »

There is an extra stud on the rev 2 flange which would need to be removed. Other than that and a slight angle diff on exit the DP's are identical.

Topic author
Lukekillick

Re: Will a Rev 3 downpipe fit a Rev 2?

Post by Lukekillick »

Thanks for your reply. They’ve got the Rev 2 one listed for about £14 cheaper so i’m thinking rather than mess around with it I may as well send it back, order the Rev 2 and save some money in the process. Thanks again

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”