3SGE Catalytic Convertor?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
SegaAges
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 1

3SGE Catalytic Convertor?

Post by SegaAges »

Hi guys

REV 2 late 93 3SGE Import.

Been a long time since I visited these boards but just brought my Mr2 out of a long semi retirement and I can't find the cat for it so need to buy a new one but don't know which one, I've measured it takes a 430mm length one but when i go on cats2you or eBay there are several variants for the 3SGE, mine is an import but the import ones they list don't look like the right flanges and look way smaller than my original cat for direct fit,
the only one that looks like it will fit and looks as big as the old one is the UK specs cats is there any difference between UK and import 3SGEs?

SonicSW20
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: 3SGE Catalytic Convertor?

Post by SonicSW20 »

Fitment is the same, but the import ones have a hole for a cat temp sensor.

I think maybe the 3SFE cars had the shorter cat? Not sure.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
SegaAges
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by SegaAges »

Yea I took my sensor out a long time ago as it rusted away, so don't need one with a hole in, my question is really is there any difference between UK 3SGE and JP 3SGE interms of emissions, the UK cats are considerably cheaper than the 2 imports ones listed and the UK cats look the same shape as my old original one oval not round.

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

no diff as far as I know other than the temp sensor...the shorter one was for the 3sfe so a 430mm should fit fine
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”