Race tech dash2 install

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
moose764
Years of MR2 Ownership: 17
MR2's Owned: 1

Race tech dash2 install

Post by moose764 »

Hi
Just installing a racetech Dash2 electronic dash and have a question you maybe able to help me with please.

Most of the wiring I can use from the 3 connectors from behind the stock dash and am hoping I can use the tacho wires also but reading the installation instructions it says

“This channel requires a 5v or 12v square wave input applied to Connector1, Pin 2, as show in Table 1. IT MUST NOT BE CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE IGNITION COIL OR AN INDUCTIVE PICKUP FROM THE HIGH TENSION SIDE OF THE IGNITION SYSTEM. This channel should normally be connected to the engine speed output channel from the engine management ECU.”

I have 92 n/a which has no obd2.

The question is does anyone know if my car conforms to the racetech requirements ie. 12v square wave NOT CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE IGNITION COIL OR AN INDUCTIVE PICKUP FROM THE HIGH TENSION SIDE OF THE IGNITION SYSTEM

Also if anyone has any experience in fitting one of these I would value any advice. I’m very cautious as I don’t want my £600 toy to go pop.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Sonac
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Race tech dash2 install

Post by Sonac »

My boost controller also said DO NOT CONNECT TO IGNITION COIL. I hooked it up to the tacho signal and it worked fine. So i'm guessing thats not a problem. Can't help you with the 12v square wave thing though. You could test it with a cheap oscilloscope from ebay. Or at least check the voltage with a multimeter to make sure its 12v. But someone with a bigger brain would have to answer that question.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”