LEAKING WEATHER STRIPS; DOORS AND ROOF

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
BucksGirl

LEAKING WEATHER STRIPS; DOORS AND ROOF

Post by BucksGirl »

Hello,

I have a '93 T-BAR, import - non turbo. Unfortunately, after using stick-on-strips for two winters, I find myself having to buy brand new, complete weather strips, for roof and doors.

Please can anyone advise as to where I can get a brand new set (4), and for the lowest price? A dealer, who states they are "genuine Toyota parts" - in Wales charges charges £540 - ouch! I appreciate we have modern classics, and we have to pay more for parts, but just wondered if anyone can better this? I wrote to a dealer on ebay, but he did not even have the courtesy to reply - so no luck there! :)

Many thanks.

Nell

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: LEAKING WEATHER STRIPS; DOORS AND ROOF

Post by jimi »

If the "dealer" in Wales was Neil Jones then I'm not surprised, at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask. Wouldn't buy anything from him :annoyed:
Try MR2Ben https://mr2-ben.co.uk/products/42
or TCBparts (give them a call) http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/
or even Twos R Us in the USA http://twosrus.com/catalog/index.php?cP ... =2a&page=2
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
BucksGirl

Post by BucksGirl »

Jimi - you are a hero - thanks! :) No, I do not know the Dick Turpin you refer to, but will definitely try TCB Parts and MR2 Ben, as they are UK co's. As a lawyer, I am too aware of buying from overseas (like the USA one), as Old Blighty, has the best Consumer Rights law under the 2015 Act, which protect us, the public :)

Thanks again.

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

BucksGirl wrote: 14/11/19 8:14 No, I do not know the Dick Turpin you refer to,
Richard Turpin aka John Palmer. Thoroughly nasty piece of work.
He never rode to York, nor did he have a horse called Black Bess.
The romantic image of him is pure literary fiction.
http://stand-and-deliver.org.uk/highway ... urpin.html

Before you part with any of your money, see my post on your other thread. :)
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
BucksGirl

Post by BucksGirl »

Tony - I love your sense of humour, and many thanks for describing Dick Turpin's Other Talents; I am grateful for warning :)

Topic author
BucksGirl

Post by BucksGirl »

Success on the above subject!

Thank you Jimi and Tony - what a thoroughly decent, and professional chap is "Paul" (one of the directors) at TCB Toyota Parts. He is extremely knowledgeable, polite and his company, who have been around since '89 are exemplary dealers. For my car, complete set of rubber seals (2 doors and 2 targa strips), he charges only £391.37 - including VAT, and Next-day-delivery! If one buys from one of the other dealers mentioned, or Mr Toyota himself (!), you are looking at anything from £200 to £300 MORE - one being pre-VAT.

N.B. Paul said they do ALL PARTS for Celica, MR2 (all 3 marques) and Supra's. They have a very large stock, so best to telephone, and speak to "Gent Paul"/chaps at their depot! :)

I cannot recommend enough - no more showers in SLY (my car!)

Brrrm Brrrm Nell :)

Paul@TCB
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by Paul@TCB »

BucksGirl wrote: 20/11/19 10:11 Success on the above subject!

Thank you Jimi and Tony - what a thoroughly decent, and professional chap is "Paul" (one of the directors) at TCB Toyota Parts. He is extremely knowledgeable, polite and his company, who have been around since '89 are exemplary dealers. For my car, complete set of rubber seals (2 doors and 2 targa strips), he charges only £391.37 - including VAT, and Next-day-delivery! If one buys from one of the other dealers mentioned, or Mr Toyota himself (!), you are looking at anything from £200 to £300 MORE - one being pre-VAT.

N.B. Paul said they do ALL PARTS for Celica, MR2 (all 3 marques) and Supra's. They have a very large stock, so best to telephone, and speak to "Gent Paul"/chaps at their depot! :)

I cannot recommend enough - no more showers in SLY (my car!)

Brrrm Brrrm Nell :)
Thank you for the lovely comments about our service Nell
was lovely to have a chat with yourself earlier and learn about yourself and Sly
it was our pleasure to assist with these parts for Sly and keep yourself "Car Shower" free :)

Thank You
Paul (TCB)

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

I and many other members have dealt with TCB many times over the years, which is why we tend to recommend phoning them them.
First time I dealt with them I spoke with Trevor (Paul's dad ?? ) very knowledgeable about MK1's and the refurbished tie bars I got from them at time were excellent :th:
Excellent company to deal with. :cool1:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”