Mk2 right rear brake line routing

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Mr2little

Mk2 right rear brake line routing

Post by Mr2little »

Hello, I would be very grateful if someone could answer this question for me.
Recently picked up an import mk2 rev3 in fair condition but which has been garaged for a long time. Car is now running fine but at some point the rear brake line had been removed - I have the line but it is a kinked up mess.
The old line seems to be long enough to get to the rear caliper but if I were bend it to the pattern in the Toyota diagram (47325) it will be too short :

http://japan.toylexparts.com/mr2/211120 ... 357/47318D

The problem being there is not enough line to make the 90 degree bend in the corner of the engine bay.
Is there a difference in the line routing between the different revisions or has the line been shortened?
I’m an ex mechanic and have done a fair few hours of brake pipe bending, but without a good line to copy this is a bit challenging. Would ideally like to route the line to the right spec even if that means replacing the whole line.
I would very much appreciate any advice.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”