Body Panels Mk2 Rev1

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Bru_lynn

Body Panels Mk2 Rev1

Post by Bru_lynn »

I am looking for a good drivers side rear wing and ditto inner wing. I have found suppliers of body panels for Mk1s and for Mk3s, almost nothing for Mk2s, apart from front wings.
Can anyone help?

FirstMidship
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Body Panels Mk2 Rev1

Post by FirstMidship »

I think the rear wings are quite an involved replacement, you'll inevitably have to find a donor car and angle grind that whole part off, if it's better than what you have and then have it welded on, paying attention to the swage lines, and the structure of the car.
Toyota MR2 MK2 Rev 5 NA (1999)

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

FirstMidship wrote: 23/04/20 20:20 I think the rear wings are quite an involved replacement, you'll inevitably have to find a donor car and angle grind that whole part off, if it's better than what you have and then have it welded on, paying attention to the swage lines, and the structure of the car.
no so, you can still get these from Japan, I know TLF has just had new one on his post accident damage ny 3rd party
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
Bru_lynn

Post by Bru_lynn »

Thanks for the replies. I have tried to locate a good s/h wing as First Midship's reply, so far no joy.
I have also spent time on Google and other search engines for suppliers of spares in Japan, also noluck, plenty of suppliers of everything except body panels. Question for peteV6R5, do you know where TLF got his from?

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”